Sunday 16 September 2012

Pink And Silver

Happy Sunday morning everybody, and thank you for stopping by.  My card today started when I came across a scrap of Hunkydory card in my bits box.

Click on image to enlarge.


(The sun was reflecting off the silver but I won't complain about seeing the sunshine!)


I cut it  into three strips and matted them with silver mirri.  I then layered them onto pink Bazill basics, matted that with mirri and then attached it to a 5x7 inch pink card. I cut another strip of pink Bazill and mirri to mat and used the Fiskars bracket punch to edge them both at the bottom. I wrapped round some silver mesh ribbon and some narrower pink organza ribbon which I tied into a bow and then attached it towards the bottom of the card. The stamp is Lili of the Valley  stamped onto a small pink labels 18, mounted onto the next size and then  the corner edges from Parisian motifs attached at each side. The silver mirri  is a bit bling-y, but because of the silver on the Hunkdory cardstock I didn't  really  have a lot of option. I did make the mats quite narrow, although the  label is a bit in your face! I usually try to use three colours (don't ask me why, but I've got this thing about the rule of three) but couldn't fit another one in, unless you count the black ink!

Well I hope you all enjoy the rest of your weekend.


Thank you for all the lovely comments you leave about my cards I really do appreciate them all.

14 comments:

Carole Z said...

Ho Christine..lovely card and gorgeous colours. I don't think about using three colours, but accents like little flowers and buttons usually have to come in threes with me! Happy Sunday, Carole Z X

Jenny L said...

Hi Christine,
really pretty card. wonderful design. I am never very good a doing this type of card can't get the panels right, but yours is superb. Love border punched edge too, and of course it's pink. Wouldn't have the same wow factor without the mirri.
Have a wonderful crafty day everyone.
Lots of crafty love. Jenny L.

Jacqui's little piece of England said...

This is a lovely card Christine, super design

jacqui x

Doreen said...

This is gorgeous,love the design and fabulous layout.xxx

Patricia said...

Good Morning Christine,
Oooohhhh!! I like I really, really like this idea.
Know what you mean about the rule of three, I do that with flowers, buttons, panels, always has to be 3 or odd numbers.

Patricia xx

Marie-Louise said...

Gorgeous card Christine. So very elegant. Love the pink - beautiful

Sue said...

This is gorgeous Christine. I love the design and beautiful colour scheme


I hope you have a good Sunday
Hugs Sue

Linda Wescott said...

I think it's very elegant, love the pink and silver....made me rush right over to get a closer look when I saw it in my reader. Hugs lin

Christine Hussey said...

Christine this is stunning, I just love it! I have to admit I do like mirri card but haven't used it for a while, must bring it out again. Everything about your card is just gorgeous. Have a lovely Sunday, love Christine H xx

Planetsusie said...

Hi Christine - just catching up with yesterday's blogs - this is very pretty and I love the layout. I have never thought of how many colours there are but I have to have an uneven number of flowers - either three or five usually. Now you've got me thinking are we getting a bit OCD with these things? Once again, I am giggling to meself!!

Hugs Sue Pxxx

PS Glad you like Woody - think your roe deer tops my fat ol' bird though!! LOL.

Carly said...

what a lovely idea! This looks fabulous.

Thank you so much for sharing your gorgeous project with us over at Whimsy for Anything Goes.
xoxox Carly

Wattage said...

What a gorgeous stylish card Christine - It's lovely! Thanks for joining the challenge at Forever Friends, Lisa (DT) x

Donna said...

Beautifully elegant card. Thank you for joining in the Forever Friends Challenge. Donna x

Linda (Lindyloo) said...

Hi again,
Another stunner of a card. Love that you used up scraps of card. Isn't it funny how we forget about them for ages and then when we use them we create something gorgeous. maybe we should look more to the scraps for ideas?!
Regards Linda xx