Friday 1 February 2013

French perfume

Hello everybody. Can you believe it is February already? It seems only yesterday we were all wishing each other Happy Christmas. Yikes!!! Where does the time go? Thanks for visiting me today.  I also want to say hello to my new followers. Great to have you and if you leave a comment I can return the favour and visit you too. I do love this little crafting community we have. Everybody in Blogland is so kind and helpful.

My Card


Click on image to enlarge picture


Showing the image stamped with Versamark and heat embossed with Pearl Gold

My card today is quite a girlie card with flowers, ribbon, lace and perfume. I'm afraid I don't know the name of the stamp - it was one of those I removed from the wooden block and forgot to take down the details, silly me! I die cut it with Spellbinders Labels 8 and Decorative Labels 8. The backing papers are HOTP from the Soft Florals and Patterns scrapbooking paper pad. They are so pretty that I didn't want to cover them up too much so, unusually for me, I decided to go with an 8x8 card for a change. I ended up covering most of the ribbon except for the bow but that's okay - I know it's there! The sentiment is Craftwork Cards Circle Sentiments. I cut up a pearl flourish from Want2Scrap and added it as you see. The pretty lace was given to me by Linda from Creative Harmony. The  papers actually look quite washed out in the picture when in reality that's not the case. I guess the overhead lighting must leach out the colour, but by the time I was ready to take a picture it was getting dark.

Well that's it for today. Have a good day everybody.

Love and hugs from Christine xx

22 comments:

Unknown said...

WOW love this card, beautiful colours and lace. Everything just comes together, great work Christine.

Wilma x x x

Carole Z said...

Hi Christine, what a lovely, feminine card, love the colours and embellishing, Carole ZX

Patricia said...

Hello Christine,
What a beautiful card, love your Die cuts, colours, great layout and embellishments.
Have a Great Day

Patricia xx

Hazel said...


Good morning Christine, a lovely girlie card, like how you have laid it out. Hazel

Jacqui's little piece of England said...

This is beautiful Christine, it looks quite vintage in the photo definitely one for the girls
jacqui x

Jenny L said...

Hi Christine,
such a superb card, and so superbly made may I add. Love everything about it. There is something so girly about the colour peach.
Have a wonderful crafty day.
Lots of crafty love. Jenny L.

Karla said...

Prachtige kaart Christine, mooie kleuren en mallen heb je gebruikt.
Fijn weekend.

Groetjes Karla

Lia said...

What a wonderfull card Christine! Vintage is my very favorite style of cardmaking so I am thrilled by this card!
Lia x

Sue said...

Such a beautiful card Christine. I love the image and gorgeous soft colours with such pretty flowers too.
I hope you have a good Friday
Sue

Marie-Louise said...

Beautiful feminine card Christine. Love the delicate colours.

Lorraine said...

Fabulous card Christine. Very girlie, and I love the soft colours.
Lorraine x

Sonia said...

What a wonderful card you have made my lovely friend^_^ This image is so beautiful ^_^
Have a beautiful weekend my dear^_^
Big hug,
Sonia

janieworkum said...

Prachtige kaart en zo fijntjes
groetjes Janie

Oksana said...

Hi Christine, a real 'lady' card, so pretty. Have a crafty weekend!x

Patricia said...

My thoughts exactly when I clicked on your Blog this morning.
"Great Minds think alike"
Hugs

Patricia xx

Stamps and Paper said...

Such a beautiful card and so feminine gorgeous colours

Anne

Planetsusie said...

Hi Christine - this really is lovely and frilly and girly!!! Gorgeous colours and the papers look amazing. A really beautiful card.

Hugs to you Sue Pxxx

Yup totally agree - February already!!!

Linda (Lindyloo) said...

Hi Christine,
Another of your elegant, classy cards. Beautifully laid out and the colours you have chosen are delightful. I know it may sound strange but cards can sometimes remind me of people and to me you card reminds me of my aunty Joan. She only recerntly passed away but she was the most gentle, generous and caring person. She loved spring and flowers and you could often find flowers, lace and pastels adorning her home furnishings. A true class act...like your card.
Biggest hugs Linda xx

Sue said...

Oh Christine this is so lovely! its absolutely gorgeous and I loveeeeeeee those papers. huggles hun xxxxxx Sue

melanie said...

What a corker of a card its so elegant just love everything about it .Melanie xx

Anonymous said...

WOW LOVELY CARD

Crafty Lark said...

Gorgeous card, I'm very partial to perfume bottles, also love all your detail. xx Flora