Monday 1 April 2013

Birdcage

Hi everybody, I hope you have all been enjoying this Easter weekend despite the cold weather. At last our snow is starting to melt although it is still bitterly cold and we are still having snow flurries, but they are very short lived.
 My Card


Click on image to enlarge picture

My card today is a shaped card from Craftwork Cards. The cards are white which looked a bit stark so I covered the front with cream cardstock and cut out the shape with a knife - quite fiddly ! It was then extremely simple. I used candi, again from Craftwork Cards, and flowers from Wild Orchid Crafts. The leaf spray is a Woodcraft punch. The bird is a white diecut that I sponged with Versacolour Mocha Truffle. I lined the inside with a K and Company paper that I have had for years and because the bird is visible from the inside too I gave him a brown pearly eye on both sides. I think I'll probably remove the bow; I think it might just be overkill! I've put no greeting or sentiment on but that is easily remedied later.

Well that's it for me today. I'm going off to hop around your blogs now and see what you have been up to!

25 comments:

Jacqui's little piece of England said...

Brilliant Christine!! love this card it's so sweet and delicate
jacqui x

Anne said...

Absolutely gorgeous x

Oksana said...

Very pretty Christine. Lovely colours and a very cute bird.xx

Linda Wescott said...

Stunning work Christine, I really like the bow on it, it makes you feel you can pick your bird up in his cage and take him with you. I love it Hugs lin

Marie-Louise said...

Fabulous card Christine.

Carol said...

This is gorgeous Christine, love what you've done with it. Carol x

Doreen said...

Beautiful card,love the design.xxx

Christina Griffiths said...

Pretty card and I love that birdcage ... Hope you had a good Easter xx

melanie said...

This is a corker just love it you are so celver .Melanie

Sue said...

WOW!! This is stunning Christine. Such a lovely design, gorgeous detailing and beautiful colour scheme.
Sue xx

janieworkum said...

Prachtig gemaakt de vogel en de kooi. super
groetjes Janie

Patricia said...

Christine this is "amazing" I love it.
Super Bird Cage, wonderfully decorated.

Patricia xx

Lorraine said...

What a gorgeous bird cage, it looks fantastic.
Lorraine x

Dee said...

What an amazing card Christine, very unusual you are such a talented lady. Dee x

sue w. said...

Hi Christine, I love your bird cage card and the paper and flowers are perfect.
Hugs Sue W.

Hazel said...


Christine, What a stunning card I just love your bird cage. Hazel

Linda (Lindyloo) said...

Hi Christine,
The birdcage makes a lovely change from the norm and is such a cute shape to decorate too. You have done a beautiful job; as always.
Big hugs Linda xx

Sue said...

This is really smashing Christine! love it ..weather is slightly improving up here hope yours is too huggles hun Sue xxx

May said...

Hi Christine, This is a beautiful card, Love the soft colours & great design... I love bird cages... Hugs May x x x

Karen Petitt said...

I love this Christine, so beautiful and elegant and wonderfully embellished Karen x

Gerrie's kaarten said...

EEn mooi vogelkooitje
Gerrie xxx

Carole Z said...

Morning Christine, this is so pretty, love the design and the colours, Carole Z X

Planetsusie said...

Hi Christine - I haven't seen this shape before and I lurve it!! My guess is you can do quite a lot with one of the blanks. I love your creation and the little birdie with two brown pearly eyes!! Hope they are level - lol!! This is beautiful.

Hugs to you - Sue Pxxx

Unknown said...

I just LOVE this, I have been searching for a bird cage template now you are displaying one...I will have to google the link to the craftworks card....it's stunning.xx

sparklingblackrose said...

This is stunning, great work! Thank you so much for joining us at A Little Bit Crafty this time, hope to see you in the next challenge too! Elaine DT -xxx- ps I have candy if you would like to pop by and enter :-) http://sparklingblackrose-craftmylife.blogspot.co.uk/2013/03/new-candy.html