Friday 19 April 2013

Birthday Flower

Good morning fellow bloggers and crafters. It was quite sunny first thing but  I'm just looking out of the window and watching the most enormous black cloud approaching. I hope it drops it's downpour soon because later this morning is my friends funeral and we don't want to be caught in that.

My Card


Click on image to enlarge picture

My craft room is in such a mess that I decided to have a clear up yesterday. The result is that it is ten times worse at the moment and there is a barely a clear surface anywhere!! However, I did find this packet of flower shaped cards and I have no idea when or where I got them. I covered the front with a scrap of paper from my bit box which is called "Sangria Afterglow Petite" by Karen Neuberger - the edge was still on so I could easily identify it. The sentiment circle is from Craftwork Cards and the the pink flowers were in my box too. I have a feeling these were bought from Lakeland many years ago. I have just noticed that it has slipped and is now wonky, so I will have to correct that. A few pearls from my stash finished an extremely quick card.

Well that's all for today. I am not looking forward to the day ahead, but it must be faced. 

Hope to be back tomorrow with something a bit more imaginative - if I can find room to work! LOL.

Love and hugs from Christine xx

19 comments:

Jacqui's little piece of England said...

Such a sweet card Christine love the shape
Hope the day goes as well as it can for you today
luv jacqui xx

Sonia said...

Fabulous card my dear friend^_^
Have a lovely day,
Sonia

Doreen said...

This is beautiful....lovely design.xxx

Oksana said...

Lovely shaped card Christine! Very pretty!xx

Anne-Elise said...

Beautiful card, Christine! Thinking about you on this difficult day. Big hugs

Marie-Louise said...

Lovely card Christine. A sad day ahead for you. Thinking of you.

janieworkum said...

Wat een beeldschone kaart
groetjes janie

Rita said...

Lovely card Christine. Sending Hugs on this very sad day. Hugs Rita xx

melanie said...

like the quick card ,I hope the day goes aswell as it can and no downpours ,Hugs .Melanie

Stamps and Paper said...

Love the design of your card Christine and your pretty papers...

Anne

Jenny L said...

Hi Christine,
a lovely shaped card with such pretty paper. I do hope the rain kept off for the funeral. They are not nice things to attend especially when it's raining.
Lots of crafty love. Jenny L.

Patricia said...

Christine can I just send a few (((((Hugs))))) I really feel for you.
I lost my best friend this time 4 years ago and Oh! How I still miss her.

Really pretty card, lovely shape.
Patricia xx

Unknown said...

Hope you get through today without too many tears, better to remember the good times and laughter. Your card is lovely. I like to try difference shapes too makes life interesting.

Wilma x x x

Lorraine said...

A very pretty card Christine. Lovely shape and papers.
Lorraine x

sue w. said...

Hi Christine, great shape of card and love the paper.
Hope today went ok for you.
Hugs Sue W.

Carol said...

This is very pretty Christine. We've had a lovely day today. Carol x

Dee said...

Hi Christine, first of all I hope everything went the best it could have today. I too know how you would be feeling as I lost a good friend 3 years last christmas eve very suddenly.

Your card is very pretty and hope you soon get your room tidy agin. Hugs Dee x

Carole Z said...

Hi Christine, I hope everything went as well as could be expected yesterday, so sad. As for clearing up craft rooms, the same happens to me and I end up in a worse state than before! I really need to take the time to completely empty it, rearrange it and put it all back neatly, but that would be a good few days craft time lost..what does a girl do? :) I love your card, so pretty, hugs, Carole Z X

Sue said...

Such a beautiful card. I love the pretty design.
hugs Sue xx