Friday 12 April 2013

Friends and Flowers

Hi everybody on this very wet Oxfordshire day! We did have a nice day out yesterday when we visited the NT property but the rain was absolutely awful, so it was a house tour and no walk in the garden! Still, at least the rain is finally getting rid of the snow - and not before time. It has been a long time since it has hung around as long as this.

 I would also like to say hello and welcome to my new follower kfranciola. I hope you enjoy what you see and please leave a message so I can return the favour and visit you too.

My Card


Click on image to enlarge picture

A 6 x 6 card matted with daisy backing paper from Clear Dollar Stamps Bugs and Blooms set.  I love the googly eyes on the snail. The daisies are from an extremely old Woodware punch and again some very old brads which have been there for years. So another very simple card with the sentiment also from Clear Dollar Stamps. I am not an orange person at all but I do have one piece of orange cardstock in my stash and I was going to use it for matting and layering, but I chickened out. There is another bug in the set so maybe I'll persuade myself to use orange then.

Must be off now. Love and hugs from Christine xx



13 comments:

janieworkum said...

Wat een beeldige kaart Christine
groetjes Janie

melanie said...

Great card this Image is fantastic ,can`t wait to see the orange I have quite a bit of it but I never seem to use it but might try now the weather is changing .Melanie xx

Karla said...

Wauw Christine dat vind ik echt een leuke kaart, mooi plaatje en mooi achtergrond papier heb je gebruikt.
Fijn weekend.

Groetjes Karla

Sue said...

This is gorgeous Christine. I love the cute image, pretty papers and beautiful punched flowers.
I hope your weather improves soon!
hugs Sue xx

Carol said...

This is so cute Christine, love the happy colour combo. Carol x

Christine Hussey said...

Oh such an adorable image and I love the colours you have used. Another lovely creation! Pleased to hear you had a nice day out despite the weather and hope the sun is shining on you today. Love & hugs Christine H xx

Lorraine said...

Gorgeous card Christine. The image is so cute and I love the colours and design.
Lorraine x

Marie-Louise said...

Fantastic card Christine. Such a cute image.

Jacqui's little piece of England said...

Great card Christine I really like your image he reminds me of the magic roundabout
jacqui x

Brawny x said...

You didn't need the orange Christine, your card is lovely as it is. I love flowers anyway but the colours make this card -stunning!
Best wishes
Lea x

Jenny L said...

Hi Christine,
another very lovely card. love the image and colours. I am glad you had a wonderful day out despite the weather.
Have a wonderful crafty day.
Lots of crafty love. Jenny L.

Karen Petitt said...

Love the stamp Christine! Really pretty card and the colours you've used are perfect and gorgeous too.
Have a fab weekend Karen x

Planetsusie said...

Hi Christine - now you know you really want to get that orange out!!! You will feel soooo much better! lol. Seriously now (well for me anyway) - I love your card it really is a cute little Basil - sorry but they are always Basil's here at home. I can't plant lupins, hostas or Christmas roses because of the little burgers! However this one makes me chuckle! I really love the background paper - can you remember where you got ot from???

Big hugs to you (hope you are both well)

Sue Pxxx