Thursday 4 April 2013

More Gift Bags

Hello dear blog Friends. Well at last we are starting to see some green lawn and some patio ! I was beginning to think this snow was never going to go. However I went into town yesterday and was surprised to see just how many snowdrifts are still there, and also the piled up snow where the snow ploughs have been. Once I was past the next village, about three miles, there was hardly anything at all. We are actually quite a bit higher so obviously get hit worse.This has certainly been a rough couple of weeks!!

I've got a couple of bags and a box to show today. 


Click on image to enlarge pictures.

 

Both bags were made from First Edition papers "Dream Catcher". 

I used Spellbinders Grand Labels 1 for the first bag. The flowers are SB Jewel Flowers and Flourishes with SB Foliage. I had to add some purple stickles  to the leaves because they were disappearing into the background. I also used Glossy Accents and purple glitter to form the flower centres.

The second bag was made from SB Grand Labels 11. The butterflies are Marianne Creatables. The ribbons and pearls are from my stash. My friend is due her second treatment soon so I thought I would fill this one with some goodies for her - toiletries or something. 



The box measures 8½ x 5 x 2½ inches. I wasn't able to find a template anywhere for a box this size so I just worked it out. I was able to cut the box itself in one piece from A3 cardstock with some extra for the lid. I reinforced the lid and the top of the box to make it stronger. I think it may have been better to make the lid a bit deeper. The owl toppers were from Rymans I think. I didn't have anything else suitable for a little boy but I think this works okay.

Well that's all for now. Love and hugs from Christine xx

21 comments:

Karen Petitt said...

fabulous gift bags Christine and I love the owl embellishments - perfect for a boy Karen xx

Lorraine said...

Gorgeous bags and box Christine. Your designs look fabulous and those little owls are so cute!
Lorraine x

Doreen said...

Love your gorgeous creations.xxx

Sue said...

Awww these are gorgeous Christine I love that box because I love owls!!! they are so lovely..its been really mild yesterday and today so I'm hoping no more snow!!! huggles hun Sue xxxxxxxxxxx

Jacqui's little piece of England said...

Such gorgeous creations Christine love them all especially that box
jacqui x

janieworkum said...

Wat schitterend zijn ze allemaal, super
groetjes Janie

Jenny L said...

Hi Christine,
superb bags and box. Fabulous looking creations. I just love those owls with the googly eyes. I would not have been able to resist them if I saw them in a shop.
Have a wonderful crafty evening.
Lots of crafty love. Jenny L.

Hazel said...


Christine fabulous bags and box, your friend will love and bag of goodies hope this treatment goes well for her. Hazel

Sue said...

Gorgeous bags, I love the pretty papers and gorgeous detailing.
Your box is fabulous, those owls are so cute.
Sue xx

Carol said...

These are fabulous Christine, love the pretty bags. Carol x

Unknown said...

Well a gal cannot have too many bags and these are superb Christine, and of course I love all things owl so the box is terrific, wish it was mine lol.
Elaine

UTs Hobby Time said...

Fantastic gift bags and box. Look fabulous.

Anne said...

Ooh Christine these bags are so beautiful. Hugs x

Marie-Louise said...

Gorgeous bags Christine especially the second one.

Stamps and Paper said...

Lovely bags Christine and your owl box is fabulous

Anne

Unknown said...

You are one clever lady, I just adore these bags and each time you show something different I just wanna do them, but time...where does the time and day go....wonderful creations.xx

melanie said...

Fantastic Bags love the bxs you are so talented .Melanie

Gerrie's kaarten said...

Wat zijn ze prachtig met het uiltje vindt ik schitterend
Gerrie xx

Carole Z said...

Gorgeous gift bags Christine, I especially like the second one with the butterfly...love the owl cards too...you've been busy! Carole Z X

May said...

WOW, I love these gift bags & fabulous box..very clever work Christine they all are adorable! Hugs May x x x

Brawny x said...

Oh my word Christine you are so talented. These bags are gorgeous. If only I had an ounce of your talent.
Best wishes
Lea