Sunday 23 June 2013

Matching Card Set

Good evening friends and fellow bloggers!   My poor garden has been sadly neglected what with the bad weather, and then when the weather was reasonable I was out cycling.  So I decided to spend the last couple of days trying to sort it out and make it look neat and tidy again.  The gravel drives and walkways still need quite a bit of weed clearance, but I'm getting there slowly but surely.  My vegetable garden is very much behind this year.  Anyway, enough of that!

My Cards


Click on image to enlarge pictures




I decided to make a set of cards to go into the easel drawer card I made in my last project. In order to mimic the easel card  I used SB Grand Labels 1 to make the card bases and the next layer, and then used  SB Lace Doily.   I used the same ODBD stamp sentiment as the easel card but the rest I computer generated and die cut with SB Classic Squares.  Apart from dotting some pearls on with Cosmic shimmer I decided not to add any further embellishments.  My pearls aren't brilliant, but at least I am getting better.  I used the coloured card stock in the opposite way to make them look slightly different.  So it now makes a nice little gift set.

I have only been out on my bike once this past week for a fairly short ride so I'll have to try and make up for it this coming week.  Tomorrow I am meeting a group of friends I used to work with.  Every three months we get together for lunch and a good old chin wag, so I'm sure we'll have a great time again. Hopefully I will get some more crafting done later in the day.

Have a good day everybody. Love and hugs from Christine xx


21 comments:

Unknown said...

Nice idea to reverse the colour theme on the cards. This complete project is simply beautiful and will be appreciated by whoever receives it.

Wilma x x x

Jacqui's little piece of England said...

Gorgeous Christine love your set of cards
jacqui x

May said...

Gorgeous selection of cards, what a gift that will make in your easel drawer project.. Love the colours, Design & Beautiful quotes...Enjoy your day with your friends... Hugs May x x x

Doreen said...

Beautiful cards Christine.xxx

janieworkum said...

beeldschone kaarten Christine
groetjes Janie

Crafty Lark said...

Great way to complete your drawer card. Makes a beautiful gift set. xx Flora

Sue said...

Fab cards Christine this will make a wonderful gift for some lucky person. Hope you have a great day out I'm at my crafty club tomorrow so we will all be catching up and having a good old natter LOL huggles hun Sue xxx

Sue said...

These are gorgeous Christine, I love the design and such lovely sentiments.
Sue xx

Hazel said...


Christine your cards for your easel drawer are stunning, what a perfect gift.

Hazel

Brawny x said...

Absolutely brilliant. These are great perfect for your easle drawer.
Best wishes Lea x

Marie-Louise said...

Gorgeous cards Christine. Great idea.

Unknown said...

Brilliant set of cards...love the awesome idea.xx

melanie said...

fantastic cards .melanie

Unknown said...

These are very pretty Christine and I am sure will look lovely in their box. A lovely gift for someone!
Crafty Hugs
Heather xx

Planetsusie said...

Hello Christine - these are soooo elegant. I like the fact that they are all the same but the little verses make them totally different (if you know what I waffle!!). Really really pretty.

Hugs to you (and look after your bum)

Sue Pxxx

Carole Z said...

What a great idea Christine, they are gorgeous! Carole Z x

Patricia said...

Good evening Christine,
Loving what you have done with these very pretty cards
Perfect for the box you made
Great sentiments
Happy Crafting

Patricia xxx

Jenny L said...

Hi Christine,
super set of cards to go with that superb easel box card. A great gift for some lucky person.
Gardening does take it's toll on the ability to craft doesn't it. lol.
Enjoy your lunch with your colleagues. My little ladies club meets now and then to have lunch together now that it's not up and running any more.
Have a wonderful crafty day.
Lots of crafty love. Jenny L.

Gerrie's kaarten said...

Prachtige kaarten Christine
Gerrie xx

Peanut said...

Such a lovely set, Christine. Really liking this colour combo...very classy. And that doily die-cuts are stunning. Great card set.
hugs, Asha
p.s. hope the knees are no longer creaking ;-P

scrappymo! said...

Oh my goodness...these are so beautiful! I love the way you made the card design. That intricate die is gorgeous and I love the sentiments you chose!