Friday 13 September 2013

Variation On A Theme

Hello friends and fellow bloggers.  Sorry I have not been around much this week, with no cards to show. However, just like buses you wait for ages then two along at the same time!  I have used the same dies and colours as on a previous post last week but just varied them slightly.

My Cards


Click on image to enlarge pictures



Firstly the cards are 6 x 6 inches, whereas the last one was 7 x 5.  My intention was to make one card.  I started out by die cutting my Cuttlebug flowers and attaching them to red card stock. I then die cut the MB Tessatina border twice and the SB Borderabilities Bracket Border One.  Now it just became  too fussy so I cut another piece of white card stock,  but this time just using one of the edgers and leaving out the decorative insert.

For the second card, since I had already die cut the white card sock with an edge and a decorative insert, I omitted the Tessatina borders and computer generated a sentiment instead.  Using white satin ribbon  from my stash I wrapped it around and added a bow to each card, and finished them off with pearls from my stash.

So two very simple cards today which, while not exactly CAS, do  look quite "clean".  I am really starting to like the CAS look to cards.

I apologise for the wonky pictures but when I tried to retake them it was too dark.

Hope you are all looking forward to the weekend.  It doesn't seem two minutes since it was last Friday!!



22 comments:

Doreen said...

This is just gorgeous,love the fab colours.xxx

JJ said...

These are lovely Christine, Love the colour combination so fresh.

Love & Hugs

Jacquie J xxx
http://jewelscardcraft.blogspot.co.uk

Sue said...

Hi Christine love the colours so elegant. I've been out of action with vertigo so I haven't been around to comment sorry. Take care huggles Sue xxxxx

cuilliesocks said...

Beautiful Christine, love the white and red, very striking and elegant. The dies are gorgeous.


Yes the weeks are romping past too quickly, it's scarey, have a good weekend, Hugs Kate x

janieworkum said...

Wat een beeldschone kaarten Christine
groetjes Janie

Sue said...

These are gorgeous Christine. I love the designs and wonderful colours.
I hope you have a good weekend
hugs Sue xx

Unknown said...

Very striking colours, the red and white look so fresh. Two different cards but the same theme very ingenious.

I believe as we get older the time passes quicker the days run into weeks and then months and finally years and they all seem to fly.

Wilma x x x

Hazel said...


Christine, these are gorgeous, two cards made with them things but both so different.

Hazel xxxx

Anne said...

So pretty Christine, love them both. Hugs x

Marie-Louise said...

Two beautiful cards Christine.

MRS DUCK said...

Hi Christine
Both cards are fab. A great twofer!
Hope you have a good weekend.
Ang x

Unknown said...

This is absolutely stunning, love the colour combo, image and layout.xx

Rita said...

Beautiful cards Christine. They are both so striking too. Hugs Rita xxx

Patricia said...

Fantastic cards Christine,
Using basically the same things on each but achieving two beautifully different creations.
Have a great weekend
Hugs

Patricia xxx

Stamps and Paper said...

Two beautiful cards Christine love the dies

Anne

lydia jordan said...

Morning Christine,
Beautiful cards love them.
Lydia
X

Jenny L said...

Hi Christine,
these are 2 very lovely cards. The colours are very striking, and what fab designs.
Have a wonderful crafty day.
Lots of crafty love. Jenny L.

Karen Petitt said...

Both are beautiful Christine, but I do love the second a wee bit more because of the beautiful and lush white bow! Gorgeous x

Lorraine said...

A fabulous card Christine. I love the way you've used the die cuts and the gorgeous colours.
I hope you're having a lovely weekend
Lorraine x

Gerrie's kaarten said...

Prachtige kaart Christine
Gerrie xx

Carole Z said...

Love them both Christine ! X

scrappymo! said...

Two more great cards Christine...Loving that crisp red with the white.