Sunday 24 August 2014

Christmas Card Club # 18 - Cardinal

Good morning friends and fellow bloggers.  It is once again time to produce a card for our little Christmas Card Club. It is Mary's turn to choose the theme and she asked us to make a card using the cardinal - or another Christmas bird.  Well,  Mary is from  South Carolina and I think that  the cardinal is a symbol of their state so I wanted to use a cardinal if possible. (I'm sure you will correct me if I'm wrong Mary, because now that I think about it I think it is the symbol of North Carolina!!!)  I was running short of time -and  ideas - but luckily I found this image on the internet and made a CAS card.  I think my mojo is sulking because I didn't do  any crafting for a couple of weeks whilst I was up north with my sister and he is not making an appearance at the moment!

My Card


I used red cardstock to make a 4" x 6" card.  This was matted with a white layer which I had trimmed with an Xcut border punch.  I bought this punch thinking it was snowflakes - I can't have been wearing my glasses because when I got it home it turns out to be poinsettias, but it still looks like snowflakes so I think I can get away with using it for either.  I then matted the red layer which had been embossed with SB M-Bossabiliies Dainty Dots. The fronds in the corner are Cheery Lynn Wreath Strip and a red pearl from my stash finished it.  I have not yet added a sentiment because I think I might possibly use it for a Christmas card for a friend who has a birthday on Christmas Eve.  Unfairly he rarely gets a birthday card because people tend to just say Happy Birthday on his Christmas card. 

Hope everybody is fit and well.  The sun is shining today although it is still quite chilly.  Typical summer day ... lol! 



23 comments:

Carol said...

A beautiful card Christine, the image is gorgeous. Carol x

Rainey's Craft Room said...

A gorgeous image and that punch does look like snowflakes to me, I love it.
Lorraine

Jenny L said...

Hi Christine,
this is a really lovely card, for someone who says their Mojo is sulking.
Loving your great design and fab bright red colour.
The image of the bird is wonderful.
Isn't it funny how if you haven't crafted for a while, this often happens, must be how our brain works.
I think I have lost my brain altogether sometimes, because of the stupid things I do, that I wouldn't have done a long time ago.
Lots of crafty love and hugs. Jenny L.

dutchess said...

Hi Christine what a great cardinal image....loving all the lovely vibrant red ....really christmassy! xxxx

Planetsusie said...

So glad you found your image Christine - this really is a cute one. It would make a brilliant Christmas birthday card as well. Gorgeous.

Lots of hugs to you Sue Pxxx (Trust you to have a Mr Mojo - lol)

Doreen said...

Love the fabulous image,this is gorgeous.xxx

Hazel said...

Beautiful - I love the red and white, Christine - lovely response to Mary's CCC challenge - you could also enter this into my CHNC challenge extra for August - I'd love to see it there too. x

Sue said...

This is really beautiful Christine I love the red and white lots of huggles Sue xxxxxxxxx

scrappymo! said...

Love the look of the red and white on this card. The snowflake/poinsettia border die story was a cute one...I have done similar things so had a good chuckle!

You found a pretty cardinal image and made it into a wonderful card!

Rita said...

Your card is so beautiful Christine. Hugs Rita xxx

JJ said...

Hi Christine,

This is a gorgeous card, love the colour, image and those fronds. The boarder is great and whether it is poinsettias or not it does look like snowflakes to me lol! i think you have got your mojo back.

Love & Hugs

Jacquie J xxx
http://jewelscardcraft.blogspot.co.uk/

MRS DUCK said...

Hi Christine
Marvellous card. That's what I call a proper red. Striking birdie too.
You've got away with your "snowflake" border lol!
Ang x

Sue said...

This is gorgeous Christine, such a beautiful image and I love the design.
hugs Sue xx

MaryH said...

Hi Christine, your comment did indeed come through, and I'm trying furiously to 'catch up' before our internet gets sulky again! You're right - the cardinal is the NC state bird! (I don't even know for sure what SC's bird is, but I grew up in NC, so I know that one!). SC does have the birds though. Loved your card and that's a particularly pretty image from the internet. Love the way you have carded up this gorgeous bird with the delicate white corner twigs and that lovely lace trim on the border! WTGo, and MoJo will return. (actually I think he's there and you just didn't realize it!). TFS & Hugs

Mrs A. said...

For what its worth I thought they were snowflakes! Lovely image you managed to find. It has made a great card and perfect for a Christmas Birthday. I have an Aunt whose birthday is the 24th and also my Grandson. hugs Mrs A.

lydia jordan said...

Morning Christine,
Love you card, very pretty image, and the border is just right.
Lydia
X

Granmargaret said...

Lovely card.

Brawny x said...

Fab card Christine. My hubby's birthday is just after Christmas - as is SIL(same day as hubby) and MIL and they ALL get cards - shines halo :) x

Carole Z said...

Gorgeous card Christine, love the red and such a pretty image of the cardinal, hugs Carole Z X

Dee said...

A lovely card Christine, such a shame for people with birthdays around christmastime x

cuilliesocks said...

Hello Christine, wonderful card, I love your red and white colours and the bird image is terrific. Lovely design and embellishments, love the border, hugs Kate x

Stamps and Paper said...

Love your red Cardinal Christine a lovely Christmas card

Anne

Peanut said...

Sorry I'm late visiting, Christine. Your card is lovely - that colour combo is so striking. See you on Sunday.
hugs, Asha