Wednesday 27 August 2014

Dream

Good morning to you all and thanks for popping in.  Well we have had three days of wind and rain so I'm hoping things will improve now.  I can't complain my well is running dry ... lol!

My Card


My card today is 6" x 6" made from white cardstock.  It is matted with peach pearlescent paper which I have had for many years and I think was from Crafters Companion.  I then matted one of the papers from Papermania's Oyster Blush to that.  I used the same peach paper to diecut  Cheery Lynn's French Pastry Doily which I cut in half and added it to  half of a paper doily.  The sentiment is from Kaisercraft Life's Sentiments and die cut with SB Fancy Tags. The ribbon, lace and pearls are from my stash.

I'm having a day in Cheltenham today with a friend which will be a nice change.  I used to work in Cheltenham before I retired and it is a lovely town.  The journey from here is about 40 miles over very twisty, hilly, country roads.  A joy to go to work in the summer - but an absolute nightmare come winter!  I don't miss that 80 mile round trip I can tell you.

Hope you are all well and finding time for some crafting in your busy lives.




19 comments:

Sue said...

This is gorgeous Christine, such a pretty design and I love the delicate colours.
I hope you have a lovely day.
hugs Sue xx

lydia jordan said...

Morning Christie,
A very pretty card. Enjoy your day out.
Lydia
X

aussie aNNie said...

Gorgeous card Christine, the beautiful pearls, design and love those colour combos....
Wonderful work of art...xx
The Journey is the Start

Doreen said...

This is just gorgeous, fab design and layout.xxx

Rita said...

Gorgeous card Christine. I hope you enjoy your Day with friends too. Hugs Rita xxx

cuilliesocks said...

This is gorgeous Christine, love your colour theme and the doilies as the main focus are fab.
Have a gread day out with your friend, hugs Kate x

Lia said...

I think the weather is improving just in time because we're leaving for the UK tomorrow and will stay 2,5 weeks. It's because of your story a few weeks ago that we will stay at Longleat House a few days! Thank for that!
And ofcourse your card is a beauty!!
Lia xx

Carol said...

This is beautiful Christine, the colours are gorgeous. Carol x

Patricia said...

I love what you have done on this stunning card. Great colours and design.
Hope you have had a fantastic day.
Hugs

Patricia xxx

Carole Z said...

A beautiful card Christine, love the colours - very elegant! Hugs Carole Z X

Sue said...

This is really gorgeous Christine hope you have a great day out! lots of huggles Sue xx

Jenny L said...

Hi Christine,
what a very beautiful card.
Love the super colour peach and it's elegance.
Great designing with the 2 different doilies.
Hope you have had a fab day out today.
My sister has moved back to Wales from Nr Chippenham, so no more visiting her in the lovely countryside around there, but still when I go to Wales I will have my both sisters in the same town. Hooray!
My that was a very long journey to work and back.
I'm sure your glad you don't have to do that anymore.
Lots of crafty love. Jenny L.

MRS DUCK said...

Hi Christine
Your lovely card is looking cream and taupe on my screen, which I like as I'm not a peachy gal.
Gosh, used to get bored on a 40 mile round trip to work, nevermind 80!
Hope you had a great day with your chum.
Ang x

Marie-Louise said...

Gorgeous card Christine. We had the most beautiful day yesterday a cloudless sky and wall to wall sunshine - now tonight it is like winter.

Stamps and Paper said...

Very pretty card Christine and it has a lovely Vintage look about it....
Well we do have some sunshine at the moment down in Somerset but for how long who knows....

Anne

JJ said...

Gorgeous card Christine, beautiful colour card. Love the design.

Love & Hugs

Jacquie J xxx
http://jewelscardcraft.blogspot.co.uk/

Hazel said...

Christine this is a very pretty card with a lovely design. Hope you had a good day out. Hazel xx

Brawny x said...

Oh Christine you were so near to me. I live in Gloucester! This is a really pretty card. Love the delicate colours x

Peanut said...

WOW! what an elegant creation, Christine!
hugs, Asha