Friday 30 January 2015

A Mother

Good morning dear friends.  Hope you are all surviving the snow. I keep telling myself it is winter - expect the cold!!!  Doesn't mean I have to like it though!!

My Card





Recipe
Pearlescent card - from stash
Spellbinders Labels 4
Memory Box Tessatina Border
Flowers - Wild Orchid Crafts
Offray Ribbon
Pearls from stash
Sentiment- Quietfire Designs.

I made a centre step card from a piece of yellow pearlescent cardstock 11" x 5.5" I really love these centre step cards and they are so easy to make.  I actually checked out the step card die because you also get dies for matting and layering but it was so small I decided not to bother. 

This card is for my nephew to give to his mum.  Not sure whether it is for Mother's Day, or "just because".  I really love this sentiment stamp from Quietfire Designs; in fact I think I  love all their sentiment stamps. I have quite a few so I need to use them more often.

Take care!



19 comments:

Sue said...

This is gorgeous Christine, such an elegant design and beautiful sentiment.
hugs Sue xx

lydia jordan said...

Morning Christine,
Lovely card.
Lydia
X

Gerrie's kaarten said...

Prachtige kaart Christine
Groetjes Gerrie

aussie aNNie said...

No snow here my friend, just sun heat and humidity...
love your gorgeous step card though it's stunning.xx

{The Journey is the Start – my personal blog}

Lia said...

Christine, how I love this card! Beautiful colours and delicate dies. Gorgeous!
No snow (yet) over here, but plenty of rain and hail...Brrrr!
Lia xx

Gibmiss said...

Hi Christine
Fabulous card.... Love this style of card....
Hugs Sylvie xx

Carole Z said...

Beautiful Christine, what a lovely design and poem, beautiful, hugs Carole ZX

Rainey's Craft Room said...

A gorgeous card Christine, the colour is lovely and the sentiment is beautiful.
Lorraine

Patricia said...

Oh! My! Word! Christine, your card is absolutely stunning.
Have a wonderful weekend
Hugs

Patricia xxx

Jenny L said...

Hi Christine,
no we have no snow here in my part of East Kent.
So we are very lucky.
Love your super gorgeous card.
The sentiment is so wonderful, and your design is perfect.
Lots of crafty love. Jenny L.

Sue said...

Hi Christine our snow is slowly going thank goodness but its still so chilly. Love your card we have that stepper card die at our crafty club and your right it is a bit small ..will soon be March!! lol have a great weekend huggles Sue xx

MRS DUCK said...

Hi Christine
A beautiful card with a truly wonderful sentiment.
Its been a while since I've done a stepper card but perhaps I should remedy that as they do look so fab.
Have a great weekend.
Ang x

Carol said...

This is beautiful Christine, love the sentiment and that gorgeous border. Carol x

Lorraine said...

A gorgeous card Christine and fabulous sentiment.
Lorraine x

cuilliesocks said...

Gorgeous card Cristine, I love the beautiful sentiment and your card design, embellishments are lovely, hugs Kate x

Wendy L said...

I love this, so gorgeous, xxxx

Hazel said...

Gorgeous Christine a lovely sentiment too. Hazel x

Stamps and Paper said...

Gorgeous card Christine lovely sentiment

Anne

Brawny x said...

Love this stepper card Christine. Fab x