Friday 4 November 2016

CAS Christmas Cards

Good moring to you all. This card is very late I'm afraid.  It should have been posted last weekend for the Christmas Card Club. I knew it would be late but not his late so I apologise to the girls in the club, but particularly to Sylvie who was our host this time.  She gave us the simple "Anything Goes".

My Cards



I came upon this embossing folder lurking at the bottom of my box which hasn't been used for at least two years so I have remedied that. Two very simple cards in different colours. The e/f is from Couture Creations called A Magical Time. I just added a Spellbinders snowflake from Create A Flake 5 and popped some pearls on.

I have been so busy this last week or so with other crafting that I have had no time for cardmaking - 
and I missed it. I mentioned the other day that I had some panels to make for a WI wall hanging.  Well I managed to do three and I have one still in progress so I am pleased that they are almost behind me.  Mind you, we then have the task of putting it altogether with the wadding and backing etc.  I'll show the panels in a day or two.

Our internet connection has been very iffy the last few days and yesterday disappeared totally just after lunch.  We managed to get through to our internet provider eventually after being on hold for 45 minutes - a free call fortunately. John had tried  a couple of times earlier but he gets very impatient and only hung on for about 10 minutes.  Men!  I just put it on speaker and then went about my business until it was answered.  He didn't think of that!! In fact the music was really brilliant, which makes a change, so I was quite enjoying the range and bopping around the kitchen. I apologise for not visiting your blogs but it was just too arkward and I gave up.

Anyway that's it for now.  Hope you are all well.  Very big hugs to Mrs Duck who is suffering.  Get well soon chuck - as Mrs D  herself is wont to say!

Take care and enjoy your day.


         
Entered into :  12 Months of Christmas

10 comments:

Wendy L said...

Lovely CAS cards Christine. Very effective, xxx

Stamps and Paper said...

So please you've just your embossing folder again Christine its lovely and you've made two great cards and like both the colourways

Anne

dutchess said...

Hi Christine....two lovely CAS cards,love the embossing and the snowflake elegant......hugs xxxxx

lydia jordan said...

Morning Christine,
Great CAS cards if you have a lot to make.
Lydia.
X

cuilliesocks said...

Hello Christine, better late than never, and your cards are lovely, simple but very effective, it's a lovely embossing folder and love the little snowflake, take care, Kate x

Mrs A. said...

I can sympathise with your internet problems. It's the bane of our life too. connection is very iffy at the best of times and so frustrating. Anyways whilst it is up these are very classy looking cards. You just can't beat an embossing folder for visual impact. Hugs Mrs A.

Lia said...

Two brilliant CAS cards Christine!
I know: it's horrible when internet does not work. And than I think of 10 or 15 years ago....How did we manage everything without?? I just can't imagine it anymore...
Have a nice weekend,
Lia xx

Jenny L said...

Hi Christine,
2 wonderful cards, and that embossing is very lovely.
Love the 2 different colours also.
Super snowflakes as well.
We don't realize how much we use the Internet till it plays up.
Still living where you do I expect you need it much more than most of us.
Love and big hugs from my house to yours.
Lots of crafty love. Jenny L.

shazsilverwolf said...

Hi Christine, love that embossing folder. Simple things like this make for stunning cards, I think. And very useful when time is short! Thanks for the welcoming words, by the way. :) Have a great week, hugs, Shaz x

MRS DUCK said...

Hi Christine
I'm back visiting again. Thank you for your best wishes.
What great cards for batch making. I love that embossing folder.
Hope all technical issues are now sorted and normal service resumed lol!
Ang x