Thursday 30 March 2017

Woodland Mice

Good morning to all my friends and fellow bloggers. Sorry for my absence but I have been extremely busy with WI stuff. Tysoe WI, of which I am secretary,  celebrates its' 100th birthday this month.  We have a whole year of celebrations planned but it means I have been tied up with so much!  We have our Centenary Dinner next Wednesday evening and it will be nice to relax over a nice meal once we have finished all the prep.  Well, the meal is being catered but we need to get all the  gift wrapping, name places , table plans etc done prior to the event. Rather than be boring and just have table numbers, since the WI motto is "Inspiring Women" we decided to call each table by the name of inspiring  British women.  We had fun sorting out who to choose - ranging from Emmaline Pankhurst, the Suffragette, to Queen Elizabeth II, who is also a member of Sandringham WI.

Anyway, I'll keep you informed on what we get up to.

It is time for another DT card for MAWTT today.  This time it is Emma's choice which is "Into The Woods",  She has broadend this out to things which you might see in the woods - trees, flowers, birds, animals etc. I found this lovely topper from Little Claire in my stash and it seemed perfect.

My Card


Recipe
6" square base card - Rymans
blue paper - Lime Tree Crafts
pierced Noble Squares - Sue Wilson
backing papers - LOTV "Petal Fresh" (disc)
sentiment stickers - stash.

I just love the image - so sweet!  Please pop over to the blog and find out what my teamies have found in the woods.

Hope you have  a good day.  Take care.







12 comments:

Stamps and Paper said...

Lovely card Christine and such sweet images

Anne

Lia said...

Christine, this is amazing! I love the images of the cute mice!
Lia xx

lydia jordan said...

Hi Christine,
Lovely card. Sounds like you are going to have some fun times with the WI.
Lydia
x

Zoe Tant said...

Aw this is so sweet Christine. Love all the little mice. Super card for our MAWTT challenge. Zx

cuilliesocks said...

Absolutely gorgeous Christine, lovely little images and your design is brilliant. Good luck with all the preparations, Kate x

Lorraine said...

A gorgeous card Christine, lovely images and colours.
I hope you all enjoy a fabulous centenary dinner.
Lorraine x

MRS DUCK said...

Hi Christine
Cute but elegant and fits the challenge beautifully.
Hope you'll be sitting at the "Mrs Duck" table, lol!
Best wishes.
Ang x

Wendy L said...

So sweet Christine, lovely card, thank you, xxx

Jenny L said...

Hi Christine,
what a very brilliant card and your design is fab.
Love the images and paper used.
Lots of crafty love and hugs from my house to yours. Jenny L.

Judith said...

I love this sweet card Christine - so pretty and lovely images. Hope your WI celebrations go well - enjoy it hugs Judith x

Sandy said...

Beautiful paper combination and as everyone knows - I do love mice and yours are so sweet!
Sandy xx

Emma said...

Lovely card - I really like the pattern paper you've used and those mice are sooooo adorable! I hope your WI celebrations go well - I love the naming the tables after inspiring women idea :)