Sunday 12 November 2017

Autumn Colours

Good morning.  My card today is for International Art and Soul.  The theme is autumn colours, and I think I have cracked it with this card.

My Card
 
 
Recipe
7" x 5" base card - Papermania
Bronze pearlescent card - Crafters Companion
White cardstock - Rymans
Sunflower image - Greeting Card Factory
Microbead and pearls - stash
 
I was very happy to be able to add some quotes to my card.  In fact I added so much text that I decided to not use too much in the way of embellishments.  I used microbeads for the centre of the sunflower and then some brown pearls in the corners.  The picture does not show the microbeads at their best.  There are three or four different shades in the pot and look gorgeous in real life.
 
I kept it all pretty flat by adding the image and the three different texts onto the one piece of card and just played around with the positioning.
 
I found the birthday quote online and told John it suited me perfectly - for some reason he just laughed! I think this card is for me since it is my birthday today ... lol!
 
Why not pop over to the blog and see what my teamies have come up with, and maybe join in the challenge?
 
Take care and enjoy your day.  We are off out for the day but I don't know where.  I quite like surprises though.
 
 



9 comments:

Wendy L said...

Wonderful card Christine xxxxx

Gerrie's kaarten said...

Schitterende herfstkaart
Groetjes Gerrie

Hazel said...

I'm glad that you're out for the day and enjoying your birthday. Your card is lovely and the microbeads look perfect as sunflower centres. Hazel x

Chriss America Real said...

This card is so lovely and elegant. I love the sentiments and the microbeads in the center of the flower!

Hugs,
Chriss

cuilliesocks said...

Absolutely gorgeous Christine, beautifully designed and coloured, lovely sentiments too ķate x

aussie aNNie said...

You sure did crack this challenge and your card is absolutely beautiful I hope you are doing ok..xxx[aNNie]🎄

Brawny x said...

Hope you had a fabulous birthday Christine. A fab cardvx

Lorraine said...

A gorgeous card Christine, love the pretty autumnal flowers
Lorraine x

MRS DUCK said...

Hi Christine
Beautiful card which just screams Autumn.
Best wishes.
Ang x