Monday 11 December 2017

Make It Sparkle at IAAS

Good  morning.  Well we are well and truly snowed in.  It snowed the entire day yesterday but stopped in the evening, but unfortunately more of the white stuff fell overnight so that's it for us for a bit. Before I retired this was always a worry but now it's not a problem - I'll just keep warm and snug around the woodburner. 

This card is my DT card for International Art and Soul and should have been posted yesterday so I am a day late. We were asked for lots of sparkle and I've certainly got that!  Unfortunately it was very difficult to photograph because of the glitter!

My Card
 
 
Recipe
6" base card - Hobbycraft card stock
silver glitter card - Crafter's Companion
snowflake die - Sweet Dixie
sentiment - computer generated
 
Very simple but the beautiful Glitter Cardstock makes it special.  It really is the best glitter card I have ever seen.  I also slathered loads of glitter onto the snowflake which is actually dangling freely from the silver cord and bow. I computer generated the sentiment and just added a gemstone to the centre of the snowflake.
 
Why not pop across to the blog and see what my team mates have made for this challenge?
 
Well that's it from me for today.  Keep warm and go carefully if you need to go outdoors.
 
 
 
 


10 comments:

lydia jordan said...

Morning Christine,
Lovely card, stay safe.
Lydia
x

Carole Pollard said...

So lovely that snowflake in glitter looks stunning. Stay warm and safe we have some snow but nothing that deep Hope it goes soon I hate this cold weather Love and hugs Carole x

Hazel said...

A beautiful card, I love the free hanging snowflake. I'm glad you've got the snow down there, it makes a change for us to be snow free up here. We have a very heavy frost and it's absolutely freezing but I'm not going out today anyway. lol Have a lovely Christmas and all the best for 2018. Hazel x

Wendy L said...

Gorgeous card and suits the weather, nice when you don't have to go out. I,m on my way home shortly so really was hoping for no snow here, we just have frost. Xxx

Mrs A. said...

Beautiful and sparkly and oh so elegant. We have snow falling too but it keeps turning to slush do not settling at present. Have to go down to the shops shortly as we are running out of essentials but other than that it's stay in doors time. Thank goodness for being retired. Hugs Mrs A.

Lia said...

MSnow outside is not enough, because I see more snow on your lovey card! Over here: also a LOT of snow and that did not happen for years!! Children are completely 'mad' about this (I am too, but only to look at from behind the window! Look at my tomorrows blogpost and you will see what it looks like over here!)
Lia xx

Brawny x said...

I think you're in the right place Christine. A. Fab card Christine. Xxx

Unknown said...

Stunning card Christine, love all the sparkle. I have been having a bit of a love affair with glitter card this year I must admit lol..I think it makes such a difference when you find a really good one that doesn't shed everywhere the minute you touch it !
Hugs Kaz xx

Rainey's Craft Room said...

A really stunning card Christine, beautifully simple and elegant design. I have some of this glitter card, it's the non shed type isn't it and it is spectacular.
Hope the weather improves for you soon, stay warm and safe.
Lorraine

MRS DUCK said...

Hi Christine
Can't beat a bit of sparkle at Christmas. It's usually the only time I can bear to use glitter lol!
Hope you didn't get the snow we had last night.
Ang x