Thursday 18 January 2018

CAS at MAWTT

Good morning and I hope this finds everybody well, albeit rather cold if you are in the UK.  The challenge today at MAWTT is CAS, as chosen by Amy.

My Card





Recipe
6" square card base - using purple cardstock
Deco Swirl embossing folder - Crafter's Companion
Star Flower dies -  John Next Door
Sentiment - computer generated

I have had this embossing folder for a few years - along with a couple of others - and never used it.  It worked perfectly for this challenge. I like the way the top flourish  is embossed and the lower one is debossed.  I know some people find CAS cards very difficult but I quite enjoy it.  However, it wouldn't be something I do on a regular basis because I love adding die cuts and embellishments.

Why not pop over to the blog and see what the rest of the DT have made for this challenge?

Well that's it for today.  Take care.



Entered into:
Less Is More - Purple Less is More - Purple Challenge

11 comments:

Wendy L said...

Gorgeous card Christine, recognised the JND flowers, thank you, xxx

lydia jordan said...

Morning Christine,
Lovely card, clean and elegant.
Lydia
X

dutchess said...

This is beautiful Christine...I know what you mean about CAS....I like my die cuts too much....very cold here but no snow...xxxx

Lia said...

I think Cas is one of the most difficult techniques and you made a great card for this challenge! My compliments!!
Lia xx

cuilliesocks said...

Beautifully designed CAS card Christine, the EF looks so lovely, hope you are well, Kate x

Lorraine said...

A fab cas card Christine.
Lorraine x

Jenny L said...

Hi Christine,
what a very wonderful CAS card and your design is very super.
Love purple background, the star flower, and of couse that embossing is beautiful.
Hope you and John are both keeping well, and things are calming down in the WI now 2017 is over.
Loce a big crafty hugs from my house to yours. Jenny L.

Susan said...

Such a pretty card. Thanks for sharing at Less is More!

Nonni said...

That's a great embossing folder for CAS because it leaves so much clean, un-textured space. Well done! Thanks for joining us at Less Is More!

Poppyfield Card Crafts said...

A pretty CAS card Christine, I've used John's flowers several times now

Happy crafting

June/Team B

MRS DUCK said...

Hi Christine
Superb CAS card. The embossing/debossing folder looks lovely.
Best wishes.
Ang x