Saturday 20 January 2018

Christmas Baking

Good morning to you all and I hope you are all doing okay.

It's the second challenge of the year for our little Christmas Card Club and this time it was Maureen's turn to choose the theme. She chose "Christmas Baking" and this was where I had to cheat a little or maybe I just used a little artistic license ... lol!!! Somebody had to bake those mince pies on the little guy's plate didn't they?


I used a 7"x 5" base card from Docrafts.  The matted layer was cut from the backing card from the packaging of an embossing folder I bought before Christmas because it toned beautifully with the check in the backing paper which is from Trimcraft "Me To You".  Topper is LOTV and the dies are Sue Wilson Noble Pierced Squares and Stitched Flags.  Sentiment is computer generated and the red pearls are from one of the pound shops.

I hope you all enjoy  the weekend and keep warm!!

Take care.







16 comments:

lydia jordan said...

Morning Christine,
Pretty card.
Lydia
X

Wendy L said...

Cutie image, lovely card, xxxx

dutchess said...

That’s lovely Christine...I love this LOTV image...and funnily enough I have just baked 3 dozen mince pies...my hubby loves them and I make them up to the end of January for him....great card xxxx

Lia said...

This is so cute!
Lia xx

cuilliesocks said...

Just lovely Christine and yes absolutely mince pies have to be baked. Great colours and design, Kate x

aussie aNNie said...

Too cute Christine, hope you are doing fine.xxHave a lovely weekend.♥
[aNNie]

scrappymo! said...

MMMMM it is not Christmas without mince pies!
I think you did a great job with this adorable image. I like that you were able to upcycle that packaging paper...well done!

Rita said...

Love mince pies Christine. Perfect image for Maureen's challenge too. Love your card. Hugs Rita xx

Rainey's Craft Room said...

A cute festive card and super image for Maureen's theme this week too.
Lorraine

Mrs A. said...

It wouldn't be Christmas without mince pies so your spot on. I doubt my daughter would agree mind you as she used to be a Pastry chef in a 4 star hotel and mince pie production started months before (and then frozen by the dozens )so by the time Christmas came she was sick of the site of them. This is a gorgeous card. hugs Mrs A.

Zoe Tant said...

No cheat Christine it's perfect for our challenge and very sweet card. Zoe x

shazsilverwolf said...

Hi Christine, great take on the challenge. I'm afraid I failed totally to find anything baking related in my stash! Love & Hugs, Shaz XxX

rachel said...

Certainly looks like he's enjoyed the results of somebody baking doesn't he? Brilliant card!!! Hugs rachel xx

Carol said...

This is so cute Christine and a lovely design. The image is perfect for the theme. Carol x

Brawny x said...

I love this image Christine. Fab card x

MRS DUCK said...

Hi Christine
Fantastic card and I think you can get away with the mince pies as it didn't say who had to bake them lol!!!
Ang x