Friday 8 August 2014

CAS Birds

Hello dear friends.  I know I am quite a stranger lately but there is so much going on.  I was also asked if I would make some simple cards to sell on the Women's Institute stall at the village show next week.  It was the last thing I needed but I didn't feel I could say no. I made a dozen cards and a dozen little shopping note pads.  Our president was delighted so it was all worth it.  However, in my rush to get them done and off to her  I forgot to take pictures!  Typical!  These are two that I did initially and I did remember to photograph them.

My Cards



These are A6 size cards.  The grey card and the green card which I used for matting and layering and to die cut the birds were pieces from my bit box. The white card is some linen card which again was from my box.   I made the green one first and stamped the sentiment, which is from Kaiser Craft Friendship Sentiments, but unfortunately it wasn't really successful because of the textured card stock.   For the grey one I decided to computer generate the image instead.   The Birds On A Wire are from Spellbinders.  The pearls and gems were from my stash.  Very simple cards but quite effective.

Well that's all from me.  Hope this finds you all well.  I have tried to pop into some blogs when I have had time but Blogger has been playing up I think and sometimes my comments disappear!  It can be such a pain at times.

Take care.


17 comments:

Lia said...

You made really nice CAS cards. The sentiments just say everything....
It's so good, you made lots of cards for the stall and I can imagine the president was very pleased!
Have a nice day!
Lia xx

Wendy L said...

So pretty, well done Christine, xxx

Doreen said...

Beautiful cards Christine.xxx

Sue said...

These are gorgeous Christine. I love the CAS designs and beautiful sentiments.
hugs Sue xx

lydia jordan said...

Morning Christine,
Very pretty love the simplicity of them
Lydia
X

Hazel said...

Christine, two beautiful cards love the CAS layouts. I know the feeling ref. blogger I have given up a few times trying to comment. Hazel xx

aussie aNNie said...

Gorgeous cards and great designs as always. xx.♥aNNie

The Journey is the Start

MRS DUCK said...

Hi Christine
Love the simple elegant lines of these and great use of the bird dies.
See you Sunday chuck, bright eyed, bushy tailed!
Ang x

Sue said...

Simple and elegant Christine they are lovely! I've finally got time to sit and breathe!!!! lots of huggles have a great weekend Sue xxxxxx

Jenny L said...

Hi Christine,
2 lovely CAS cards.
The sentiments and colours are fab.
Such a very cute die too
I do hope all is okay with you and John.
Will email you soon.
Lots of crafty love. Jenny L.

Patricia said...

Good evening Christine,
Love your beautiful,elegant cards. Really like those birds.
Have a good weekend
Hugs

Patricia xx

Carol said...

Two beautiful CAS cards Christine. Carol x

cuilliesocks said...

Just so lovely Christine, they are both very elegant, love your colour theme too.
Have a grand time at the craft fair with Ang, hugs Kate x

Lorraine said...

Two gorgeous cas card Christine, very elegant
Lorraine x

scrappymo! said...

Hello Christine
I hope life gets to a more even keel soon. It get exhausting when it is busy allt he time. Hope you are keeping well through everything too.

Your cards are really pretty as very effective. I love the simplicity of them...they have a wonderfully peaceful feeling. I know that is not what you have been experiencing lately...but they do evoke that feeling.

Thanks for taking the time to drop by my blog...don't ever worry about getting around to visit if life gets too busy...I totally understand if you ever can't.

Beautiful cards, Christine!

Carole Z said...

Hi Christine, I sympathise - don't know whether I'm coming or going at the moment, but I sincerely hope life evens out for you soon. I've been having problems commenting a few times this week too, so definitely a blogger problem. Love your CAS cards, so pretty and tranquil, take care, hugs Carole Z X

May said...

Gorgeous cards Christine, so elegant... Have a super time at the craft fare....Hugs May x x