Sunday 28 May 2017

Stitching -Real or Faux

Good morning to all my friends and fellow bloggers. I  hope this finds you all fit and enjoying life.  Well how typical that after the scorching week we have had the weather has changed just in time for Bank Holiday!

It's time for another challenge at International Art and Soul and the theme this time is Stitching - Real or Faux.

My Card


Recipe
6" square base card - Rymans
backing paper - freebie in stash
ivory pearlescent cardstock - Jellybean Crafts
A2 Curved Borders One - Spellbinders
Oval Bliss - Spellbinders
Classic Ovals Large - Spellbinders
Rose leaf die - Britannia
Felt flowers - The Range
sentiment - computer generated.

I decided to try stitching through the pierced holes in the die and see if it worked.  To my surprise it looks great so I think I might be trying it again with other pierced dies. I actually started off by stamping  Happy Birthday at the top right side and idiot that I am I forgot it takes longer for ink to dry on pearlescent card!  Yes, you've guessed it!  As I stuck the flowers on my hand brushed over it and smudged it.  What a mess! I then had a little panic attack wondering how I could disguise the mess. After trying different dies against it for size I finally found this one which fitted perfectly.  I found a scrap of pink pearlescent cardstock which was a pretty good match so I then had to computer generate the sentiment because the stamp was too big for the die cut. Anyway, all's well that ends well, as the Bard would have said!

Why not pop across to the blog and check out what my teamies have come up with and perhaps join is with us?

Well that's it from me for today so take care and enjoy the rest of the long weekend.





12 comments:

Wendy L said...

Looks gorgeous Christine, and the stitching looks good, xxx

aussie aNNie said...

Beautiful card love the lot.xx [aNNie]

Stamps and Paper said...

Very pretty card Christine

Anne

Hazel said...

It's lovely and we would never have known about any 'mistake'. It looks great. Hazel x

Chriss America Real said...

This is so pretty! I have pierced dies but I never know what to do with them, now I know!

Hugs,
Chriss

Mrs A. said...

I think the sentiment looks better as it has ended up and looks much more striking than just stamped on the card. I quite often use thread on the pierced dies just to make a bit of a statement. Hugs Mrs A.

Anne said...

Very pretty card Christine - and what a great idea to use the pierced dies for stitches

Anne x

cuilliesocks said...

This is a gorgeous card Christine, beautifully designed and that is a lovely die and what a super idea to put stitch through it, love it, Kate x

Sandy said...

What a pretty card and I adore the paper on the bottom!
Sandy xx

Jeanette (Forest Ranger) said...

Your card is gorgeous!

MRS DUCK said...

Hi Christine
Beautiful card. The floral paper is lovely.
We've all been to Smudgeville and probably will again lol!
Ang x

scrappymo! said...

This is a very pretty card, Christine. Your stitching looks wonderful through the pierced design.