Sunday 16 April 2017

Things With Wings

Happy Easter! Hope you haven't been overdosing on the chocolate and making yourselves sick ... lol!!

Today my card is my DT card for International Art and Soul. The theme is "Things With Wings" and that covers such a wide spectrum - birds, butterflies, dragonflies, fairies, angels ........  We hope that you will join in with our challenge this time.  We are a Just For Fun challenge blog so no prizes, but you can take our lovely banner if you win.

Please scroll down to previous post if you are looking for my Christmas Card Club card.

My Card


My 6 inch square card was made with ivory card stock from my stash and the dark taupe is Bazill Basics. The backing paper was found a couple of months ago when I was sorting through masses of stuff so that John could put me some new shelving in.  I have no idea where it is from but it suits todays card perfectly. I computer generated the quote and used Spellbinders Labels 16 to diecut. The butterflies were also in my stash drawer - Marianne Designs I think. Flowers are Wild Orchid Crafts, ribbon is Papermania and the lace is from a local haberdasher.

After a pretty good day yesterday spent in the garden I now have quite a few aches and pains. The joys of growing older!  Today's forecast is rain so that means I can take a break and not feel guilty!  However, the sky looks pretty clear to me.  Ah well, I'll just wait and see.

Take care and enjoy the rest of the Easter weekend.




14 comments:

Wendy L said...

Beautiful card Christine, xxx

lydia jordan said...

Morning Christine,
Lovely card, Happy Easter.
Lydia
X

Rainey's Craft Room said...

A beautifully elegant card Christine, the silver/grey paper and pretty embellishments create a gorgeous design.
Lorraine

Hazel said...

A beautiful quote on a beautiful card. Love the subtle hues. Have a lovely Easter. Hazel x

Lia said...

What a beautiful card you have made! And the christmascards below are hilarious! I like them very much!
No easterweather at all over here with strong winds, rain and hail... Our youngest grandson is celebrating his 4rth birthday, so we going to visit and spoil him today!
Lia xx

aussie aNNie said...

Beautiful.xx ♥[aNNie]

Planetsusie said...

Happy Easter to you both - and this is a great card with a beautiful sentiment. Big hugs to you - just off to have another go at my Easter Egg! Ooops. Sue Pxxx

cuilliesocks said...

Stunning card Christine, beautifully designed and I love the muted mono look, hope you've had a lovely Easter Sunday, Kate x

MRS DUCK said...

Hi Christine
Beautiful card. The paper is super and the verse is lovely.
We've had sunshine and rain here today.
Hope your aches ease off soon.
Ang x

Margaret said...

Very bautiful. I love the verse. It speaks to my heart. And I like that you added the butterflies. Pretty colors. Hugs, Maggie, DT Sister

rachel said...

Gorgeous card christine and i love that sentiment x

Stamps and Paper said...

Beautiful card Christine and I love the colours...hope you've had a good Easter

Anne

Jeanette (Forest Ranger) said...

I love the quote! It's perfect! And your card is too! Lovely!

Sandy said...

Beautiful Easter Card Christine! And such a wonderful quote too.
Sandy xx