Thursday 22 January 2015

With Much Love

Good morning to you all.  Well the snow has gone again so hope it stays away for a while.  I shouldn't  really grumble because it hasn't been too bad - yet! It was a bit hairy on my way into town yesterday morning when I was going to the hairdressers but it started to rain late afternoon. Let's hope it doesn't freeze on top of that.

I have been playing around with some new techniques (nothing to show for it yet!) and I had quite a few dies out on my desk so I thought I would put some of them together and make a card.

My Card


Recipe
Spellbinders - Radiant Rectangles
Opulent Ovals
Parisian Accents
Standard Circles
Couture Creations - Tied Together Embossing Folder
Little Claire - Sentiment Stamp
Pennies Worth - Blue pearlescent cardstock
Offray Ribbon
Pearls from stash


I started by making a 5" x 7" tent fold card. And then just layered up the various diecuts as you can see.  I added some pale blue and white pearls and cut up a pearly spray. I added a flower pearl to the bow and that was it.  The bow looks a bit odd but that's because I realise I have cropped the image too much and chopped off part of the bow.  

So that's one for the box, which needs topping up again since I gave my sister quite a few at Christmas.  I also need to make some male cards - ad won't that be fun ... lol!

Hope this finds you all well and keeping warm and safe.




14 comments:

lydia jordan said...

Morning Christine,
A very pretty card, love the way you have layered the die cuts.
Lydia
X

Rainey's Craft Room said...

A gorgeous design Christine, love these types of classic card made in pearlescent cardstock, it shows the embossing so well.
Lorraine

Wendy L said...

Gorgeous card Christine, really pretty design, xxx

Carol said...

Love this Christine, so pretty and elegant. Carol x

Patricia said...

Good morning Christine,
A stunning card, so elegant.
Love the use of all the wonderful Dies, and your great design.
Have a good day

Patricia xxx

Lorraine said...

A very elegant card and gorgeous dies.
Lorraine x

Sue said...

This is gorgeous Christine, I love all the layers and the delicate colours are so beautiful.
hugs Sue xx

coldwaters2 said...

Gorgeous and elegant looking card Christine love the die cuts you have used a really smashing creation.
hugs
lorraine x

cuilliesocks said...

Hello Christine, what a strikingly elegant card, beautiful design with the dies, hugs Kate x

Sue said...

What a stunning card Christine I love the colours you have used so elegant..roll on the NEC!!! lol huggles Sue xxx

Marie-Louise said...

Absolutely gorgeous card Christine. Love the oval die.

Carole Z said...

Beautiful card Christine, love the way you have used the dies and the colours are gorgeous, hugs Carole Z X

MRS DUCK said...

Hi Christine
Absolutely stunning! So elegant and the dies work so well together.
Did smile at you saying it was hairy on the way to the hairdresser. . . . . presumably not so hairy on the way back lol?
Best wishes.
Ang x

Brawny x said...

Gorgeous card Christine x