Sunday 7 June 2020

Under The Sea at IAAS

Good  morning.  I'm back again with my DT card for IAAS. I thought I was going to have to miss this challenge because I don't have anything at all in my stash that could possibly fit the theme.  On Tuesday I was looking for something - not a craft item and not a craft cupboard - when I came upon a magazine still sealed in it's polythene wrapper.  A very odd place to find it and also odd that it was unopened. The "free gift" included, believe it or not, was a set of stamps, papers and a narrow embossing folder called Mermaid Wishes. How weird.  I checked the date of the magazine and it was July 2017 which I obviously bought at the end of June; puzzle solved because that was the exact time my sister died so suddenly and I was all over the place for a very long time. The other strange thing is that the day I found it was my sister's birthday, June 2nd, so I think Jeanie must have been guiding me to that place.

Sorry for the long ramble but here is my card made from the set.

My Card



Everything on my 6" square card was from the set. I stamped the shells onto coloured card stock and fussy cut them before moulding them and mounting with foam pads. I used Promarkers to colour plus gel pens on her tail which sparkles in real life. I also added some glitter to her hair.

This certainly isn't something I would normally make but I must admit I like it.  A great find.

Why not pop over to the blog and check out the cards from my teamies?

Take care and enjoy the rest of weekend.




11 comments:

Stamps and Paper said...

Love your mermaid card Christine the colours are gorgeous

Anne

Lia said...

A beautiful mermaid card and a great finding of 'lost' stuff!!
Lia xx

Lorraine said...

A gorgeous card Christine, the mermaid looks fab and the seashells are the perfect finishing touch.
Lorraine x

Hazel said...

Your mermaid looks absolutely beautiful - a good job finding that magazine, etc. Hazel x

Linda Simpson said...

Beautiful card and such a pretty mermaid.
Hugs
Linda xxx

cuilliesocks said...

What a beautiful mermaid image Christine and lovely colouring, it's a gorgeous card, Kate x

Wendy L said...

So beautiful and lovely colours, xxx

aussie aNNie said...

Beautiful designed card most great colours and result. x

Carole Pollard said...

Really enjoyed your post such a lovely story although very sad about your sister However what a great find you have made a lovely card your sister would have loved it Love and hugs Carole x

Furrbster said...

very pretty,

Hugz Tinz

Debbie Adams said...

So pretty. I love how you colored this mermaid all up and used glitter in her hair. It's just beautiful.
Hugs, Debbie