Sunday 10 August 2014

Christmas Card Club # 17 - Anything But A Card

Good morning to all  my friends and fellow bloggers. Hope you are all doing okay and feeling well.  If not then please take care and I hope you feel better soon.

 Goodness me, I cannot believe just how quickly these two weeks fly by.  This time it was Lizzie's choice and she asked us to make anything but a card!  Well, I initially thought I would make a couple of gift tags but then decided on a Christmas candle.  So now I have one less card than I thought I would - but I have my first Christmas present instead!   Yay!!  Now that is definitely a first for me to have a Christmas present so early in the year.  I have heard that some people buy their gifts in the January sales but I'm not that organised.  I dislike shopping at the best of times so the thought of battling the sales crowds makes me shudder.  Ugh!

My Project


(It's weird because the sentiment looks very wonky in the picture but it doesn't on the actual candle!)

I bought quite a few candles a few months ago,  from Asda I think, so that I would have some available if I decided to decorate one, so that was a good thing.  I also bought the little glass stands at the same time so I am certainly well prepared.  I should have been a Boy Scout!

 I used Little Ivy stamp from LOTV and coloured the image with Promarkers.   The sentiment is from JustRite Elegant Christmas Swirls which is by my guru Becca from Amazing Paper Grace.  The gorgeous red border is from Beautiful Borders by Our Daily Bread Designs and the little poinsettias are from Wild Orchid Crafts. They were finished with green pearls from Hobby House. Last year when I made these I fastened them up with cellophane and ribbon.  This time I think I will make a box for it so watch out for that in the not too distant future.

I am off to the Great British Craft Festival at Stoneleigh Park  this morning where I will be meeting up with Ang - Mrs Duck - and hopefully John Next Door.  Should be fun!  I was going to say that if anybody else is going to be there just  follow the noise and you will find us - but I forgot that Planet Susie and Ollie's Mam will not be there and  they are  the ones that make the noise, definitely not Ang and I!  No sir! (Sorry Sue's - you know I love you really!!)

I will pop round your blogs this evening and see what everybody has been up to.


29 comments:

Sue said...

This is gorgeous, such a lovely Christmas gift. I love the cute image and wonderful detailing.
I hope you have a fabulous time at the craft Festival.
hugs Sue

MRS DUCK said...

Hi Christine
Just fortifying myself with caffeine for the day ahead lol! Noise? Me and you? Nah,we need the She's to lead us astray hahaha!
I bought some candles from Lidl last year and only did one so thanks for reminding me. Yours looks brilliant (mine was a bit dodgy).
Drive carefully in this rain and see you in a bit.
Ang x

MRS DUCK said...

That should be the "Sue's" see, not awake!

Lia said...

Well, you are right, making Christmaspresents already, so you won't get stressed when it comes to december. Your candle is lovely!
Wish you a great day at the Craft Festival, maybe I can hear the noise overseas...!!
Lia xx

Doreen said...

Love your candle,fab image and colours.xxx

Wendy L said...

Looks fab Christine, I have never done this.
Tell John he is a hard man to get hold of, will try tonight or tomorrow. xxxx

lydia jordan said...

Morning Christine,
Love your candle a great gift, I have never tried this but I must give it a go.
Lydia
X

lydia jordan said...

Hi Me again,
Forgot to say have a great day out.
Lydia
X

rachel said...

brilliant candle Christine - really fabulous!!! love it! Lovely base too - well done you! I love it! Hope you had a great time today xx

Rita said...

Beautiful candle Christine. I still have some that I made last year. Enjoy your Day at Stoneleigh. Hugs Rita xxx

Carole Z said...

Gorgeous candle Christine, I hadn't made any of these for a long time and then made a few nautical ones for summer decor, so decided they would be made as Christmas ones for a few little presents and for my craft fair this year. Have a good time at the craft event, hugs Carole Z X

Carol said...

This is gorgeous Christine...need to put one of these on my to do list it's ages since I made one. Hope you enjoy/ed your day. Carol x

Marie-Louise said...

Gorgeous candle Christine. Haven't made one of these for a long time. Great idea for a gift.

aussie aNNie said...

Would love to make one or two of these as it is just gorgeous...need to find a tut on it.xxThe Journey is the Start

Rainey's Craft Room said...

What a gorgeous gift this will make. I haven't made one of these before but after seeing yours and how fab it looks I am certainly going to give it a go.
Lorraine

Patricia said...

Hope you have had the most fantastic fun day, bought lots of goodies and saw ideas to try.
Love your beautiful candle, have never tried this although I do have a big stock of "fat"candles . Really must give this a go.
Hugs

Patricia xx

Liz said...

Oh this is gorgeous! A candle is on my list to try, I never get to it tho..... What a great project! Hope you had fun at the craft fair! Hugs xx

scrappymo! said...

Gorgeous. This is on my list to try for Christmas this year. I remember the ones you did last year and they were gorgeous too.

Your image is so pretty! OF course the fabby candle holder looks wonderful with this little beauty!

Planetsusie said...

Hi Christine - I bought a couple of these candles a few months ago after seeing your past creations but so far they are still plain fat candles! I'm still a little reluctant to colour on tissue but when I see something like this (which is gorgeous) I know I just have to have a go.

I hope you enjoyed yourselves today although I really must take you to task Mrs H - the BOGOF's noisy - as if!!! You were the one who started singing quite loudly missus! Now stop giggling - did you see what my birthday pressy was??

Loads of big hugs to you both

Sue xxxxxx

Karen Petitt said...

Absolutely beautiful Christine, love the fact that not only have you decorated the candle but the candle holder too - perfect gift for Christmas! I hope you had fun today Karen x

Lorraine said...

A fabulous candle Christine. An adorable little angel and gorgeous poinsettias.
Lorraine x

Hazel said...

Christine loved your candles last year and this one will make a wonderful gift for someone. Oh you are so right Christine it wasn't us making all that noise last year, it was that other table so I know you will be very good when you are out today ( not ). Hope you had a great time with lots of laughter. Hazel xx

Mrs A. said...

Your candle is a fab idea for a present and will look perfect in its own little box. Hugs Mrs A.

MaryH said...

Oh so pretty! I've never tried to decorate a candle this way. An excellent idea for this challenge (which I gave a pass as I just do cards!) and it turned out beautifully. Brillant you to think of the needed stands at the same purchase time. You are truly organized! The poinsettia ring around the base is perfectly matched to this lovely gift. Clever you! TFS & Hugs

dutchess said...

oooh you are clever I have seen it demo'd but never tried it ...its fab.....well done! xxxx

Brawny x said...

Great candle Christine. You're one talented lady x

cuilliesocks said...

Hello Christine, beautiful candle, love the image and the pretty pointsettias, great gift too.
Have a fab time with Ang and John, and enjoy the fair, hugs Kate x

Peanut said...

Oh what a brilliant project, Christine. Just perfect for Christmas. So sorry I’m late commenting. Have a lovely weekend!
hugs, Asha

Anonymous said...

Hi, A lovely project, love the pretty colours. Thank you for joining Craft My Life this month. Good luck and we hope to see you again soon.
Hugs Erin DT x