Saturday 10 December 2016

Snow Scene for Christmas Card Club

Good morning to you all.  I can't believe I haven't posted for almost week, but once again my week has been hectic.  Hopefully things will calm down soon.  This post is my usual day early - not due until tomorrow but I have a DT card to post then. I didn't get a card made for last time - well I actually did but in my rush I made it for the wrong theme!  However, with many apologies to Mary, I have finally managed a rather poor card for her Mixed Media challenge which I will add after the Snow Scenes.

My Cards


Recipe
5" x 7" base card made from Hobbycrafts linen card stock
image from Greeting Card Factory - printed onto  linen card
cream pearlescent card to mat - Crafter's Companion
lots of glitter

A very simple card made in a rush, but I do love the wintry scene. It looks lovely on the linen cardstock, almost like a picture. Anyway, since I had time I made a second card.

Recipe
6" square base card
image - Just Inklined (I think!)
backing paper - Papermania "Home for Christmas" (love these papers)
ivy  - Signature die
holly  - Memory Box
poinsettias  - Wild Orchid Crafts
Promarkers to colour
lots of glitter


I know this isn't exactly a snowy scene but there is certainly snow on the bird house and my robins are kissing under the mistletoe. Such a sweet image.

Mixed Media for Mary

Recipe
5" x 7" base card made from BrotherSleep sapphire pearl cardstock
silver mirri
trees stencil - Sweet Poppy Stencils
translucent paste - Sweet Poppy 

This isn't a Christmas stencil but it's the only one I have with trees. It's also rather messy Mary but I have tried! I used three different shades of glitter but the picture doesn't show it too well. This is my second attempt. The first one showed the different glitters really well but I botched it up when I was removing the stencil and smudged the fence line.  I think I will probably be able to add a sentiment or ribbon to disguise it. I haven't added a sentiment to this one yet as you can see, but I will when I think exactly what to do with it.

So here I have three cards to show so I hope I have redeemed myself with my CCC buddies. 

 I hope you are are all well and getting ahead with your Christmas preparations.So close now.

Take care.  






12 comments:

lydia jordan said...

Morning Christine,
I love all 3 cards, the trees look very frosty.
Lydia
X

dutchess said...

3 lovely cards Christine...loving the mixed media ...really stunning....hope you are getting through all your jobs ready for Christmas I keep finding stuff I have forgotten to do!...never mind xxxxx

Sandy said...

All three cards are delightful! Who would not love a cabin in the woods surrounded with snow and such cute little chickadees!
Sandy xx

cuilliesocks said...

Hello Christine, what wonderful cards, the snowy scenes are lovely and the trees card is fabulous, all beautifully designed, Kate x

Rainey's Craft Room said...

All three cards are gorgeous and you weren't the only one to be late on parade with the mixed media theme, I was too.
Love the beautiful scene on your first card, such a pretty setting.
Lorraine

Jenny L said...

Hi Christine,
all 3 cards are very wonderful and the images if the first 2 are so very pretty, but my fave is the lovely and gorgeous tree card the colours are fantastic and very shimmery and very AB looking.
I am way behind with Christmas shopping now I have had this awful cold.
Love and big hugs from my house to yours.
Lots of crafty love. Jenny L.

shazsilverwolf said...

Hi Christine, I love your Snow scene! It's fabulous. So glittery. The robins are so sweet, that is lovely. Great card for the mixed media too- You are not alone with accidentally smudging stencils when removing them. So annoying, I agree. Have a lovely Christmas, Hugs, Shaz xx

Mrs A. said...

3 cards. A hat trick indeed and all lovely but my favourite has to be the first one. The image is so pretty. You have reminded me that I have linen card stock too and forgotten all about it till now. Thanks for the nudge. Hugs Mrs A.

MaryH said...

Christine, you've outdone yourself! Of course I love those gorgeous frosty bird cards...and the little red peeps with the mistletoe, have a snowy roof, so that does it for me on the snow scene challenge too! Just love both of these. Your glittering mixed media is just absolutely WONDERFUL! I think you've done a splendid look with this bare trees and the glitter (which at first I thought was the gilding flakes!) No apologies needed, as you've been busy with so many things, but I'm so pleased you shared this one with us. Pats on back...well deserved! TFS & Hugs AND Merry Christmas!!!

Carol said...

Three lovely and very different cards Christine, do love the first image, it makes a beautiful card. Carol x

Gibmiss said...

Stunning cards Christine... Love them both...
Hugs Sylvie xx

MRS DUCK said...

Hi Christine
My goodness you have been busy and what a gorgeous festive trio.
After the manic rush to get my cards done this year, I'm definitely going to be more organised like you for next year
. . . . Well, that's the plan lol!
Ang x