Monday 29 May 2017

Mistletoe and Wine

This is my post for our Christmas Card Club and I am a day late so huge apologies to Rita, who chose the theme for the challenge.  As you will  have guessed from the header she chose Mistletoe and Wine.  This certainly posed a challenge for me!

My Card


Recipe
7" x 5" white base card
Image - LOTV Art Pad (discontinued)
Stickers - from stash
Sentiment - computer generated

I was really struggling  here.  I had images of  mistletoe and images of wine but nothing of the two together.  Whilst rummaging through some ancient stash I found some cardstock stickers of wine, grapes etc and then realised this LOTV image had some mistletoe in it.  Bingo!! I used one of the Art Pad images and added a border to it together with the little heart.  I computer generated the sentiment and then added a bottle of wine and a wine glass.  Problem solved!!

I think this makes an ideal male card because I find even Christmas cards can be a problem for the male species!! And I like the CAS aspect of the card too.

Well a quick post today but I hope everybody is well and enjoying the extended weekend.

Take care!



12 comments:

Rita said...

Good Morning Christine. A very beautiful scene for the challenge. I love the clean cut lines of your card and as you say, very suitable for male or female cards. Enjoy your Day. Hugs Rita xxx

dutchess said...

Perfect Christine....so clever all that computer stuff...I get lost even trying to get my sentiments the right size....great man card xxxxx

Marianne's Craftroom said...

Not an easy challenge but your card is fab

Rainey's Craft Room said...

A beautiful card Christine, lovely composition with the CAS design too.
Lorraine

cuilliesocks said...

Hi Christine, brilliant card, I love the wine and glass, it's a beautiful composition and perfect for the challenge, Kate x

Jenny L said...

Hi christine,
well you made it in the end and what a beautiful card.
It's amazing how at one point you think there is no way your going to be able to create something and then the next minute you realize that you do have the items and your designing skills go to work.
This card is perfect for the Christmas club and so wonderfully created.
Lots of crafty love. Jenny L.

Lorraine said...

A lovely cas card Christine
Lorraine x

Carole Pollard said...

Well done you that a hard theme you have done it proud i love this classy card Its amazing what we find after a rummage Love and hugs Carole x

Mrs A. said...

Certainly pulled off the threme here perfectly. I love the wine bottle and the glass. Goes well with the LOTV image. Hugs Mrs A.

MRS DUCK said...

Hi Christine
Spot on for your challenge although I've got that bloomin song in my head again now, arrrgh!
Ang x

scrappymo! said...

This card is a lovely take on the "Mistletoe And Wine" theme.
You are sure good with the computer. I stumble about haphazardly!

Glad you were able to make this card! Funny how we can be suddenly inspired with an idea!

Sandy said...

I am a day late too!! Love your wine themed Christmas card. A very attractive design!
Sandy xx