Thursday 22 June 2017

In An English Country Garden tra la!

Good morning to you all and hope you are well.  It's time for a challenge at MAWTT and Mrs Duck is our host.  If you are a regular to our challenges you will know that Ang (aka Mrs Duck) always gives us the verse of a song and asks us to make a card using something from that verse.  As you can see today's song is "English Country Garden".  There have been many versions of this traditional English folk song but my favourite has to be the one by Jimmy Rodgers in about 1962.  I hope you are all singing along with me!!

My Card



Recipe
6" square base card
Paper - from my stash ? make
image - LOTV Art Pad
roses - Wild Orchid Crafts
leaves - Woodware punch
Circle and petite scalloped circle dies-Spellbinders

This is not just random flowers!
You need to use something that features in the first verse of
the song, which is as follows:

English Country Garden
How many kinds of sweet flowers grow
In an English country garden? I'll tell you now of some that I know And those I miss you'll surely pardon Daffodils, heart's ease and flox Meadowsweet and lady smocks Gentian, lupin and tall hollyhocks Roses, foxgloves, snowdrops, and forget-me-nots In an English country garden

Now this is not the card I had planned to make but  events overtook me and I had to get it made in a hurry. Mrs Duck knows my reasons and understands why it is so simple.  I sponged Pan Pastel Light Gold on the topper because I didn't like the stark white against the backing paper and I think it toned it down just enough. 

Please pop over to the blog and see what delights my teamies have produced.  I can't hear you singing yet!!

Take care and have a good day.





14 comments:

Stamps and Paper said...

Lovely card Christine...just catching up on blogs having been poorly for 3 weeks...

Anne

julie_woolston said...

Absolutely beautiful Christine.
Hugs Julie xxx

lydia jordan said...

Morning Christine,
Beautiful card.
Lydia
X

cuilliesocks said...

Absolutely gorgeous Christine, it's a beautifully designed card, hugs Kate x

Wendy L said...

Gorgeous card Christine, thank you, xx

dutchess said...

Beautiful Christine...lovely BP and the image matches perfectly with your song!.....great card xxxxx

Rainey's Craft Room said...

A brilliant card for the theme Christine.
Lorraine

MRS DUCK said...

Hi Christine
This beautiful card looks anything but simple and is perfect for the theme.
You take care.
Ang x

Doreen said...

This is just gorgeous,love the image and fab design.xxx

Jenny L said...

Hi Christine,
this is a very pretty card and such a wonderful design also.
Love the super omage and the flowers are beautiful.
Love and big crafty hugs from my house to yours. Jenny L.

Zoe Tant said...

Beautiful card Christine. xx

Carole Pollard said...

What a truly beautiful card just love it Love and hugs Carole x

Lia said...

Hi Christine, it's been a long time that I visited your blog, but during the heat I was not in the mood for sitting at my computer...All my cards have been planned a long time before the dates. But now back to crafting again and I see your lovely card. Totally my kind of style!
Hope, you are fine!
Lia xx

Brawny x said...

Hi Christine a gorgeous card - very pretty. Hope you are keeping well x