Sunday 12 July 2015

OSAAT DT Challenge 241 Anything Goes ... With Chillaxing

Good afternoon to all my friends and fellow bloggers.  This is my project for One Stitch At A Time "Chillaxing".  Just think of something nice and calming for you, or a relaxing hobby.  I'm sure you get the idea.

I have a few ways of chilling out and one of them is reading.  I'm not a television watcher - except for the cycling and of course it is Tour De France at the moment.  Brilliant!!  I am using papers from Panda Bear Designs  called "A Journey Through Reading" which you can find here.  I decided to make a corner bookmark using the papers and made a topper by shrinking down one of the papers.

My Project



The back of the bookmark using another of the papers - rather busy but it is not really seen.

No ingredient list for this because apart from the papers all I did was add some
pearls from my stash. Oh, I nearly forgot that I used a Fiskars punch along the bottom edge. I think it is called Threading Water. Oh, and a scrap of brown pearlescent card to cut the SB Label 16.  Guess I sould have done an ingredients list after all!! The colours make this a very masculine bookmark I think so I shall probably give it to my brother in law. He has always been an avid reader but since his stroke he gets through books at the speed of light because he is unable to go and work in the garden, or go for a walk etc.

Hope all is well with you.

Take care.



11 comments:

cuilliesocks said...

This is fabulous Christine, I love the topper and just perfect for an avid reader and pleased to hear that your BIL is still able to read, I don't know what I would do if there were no books, hugs Kate x

Stamps and Paper said...

Great bookmark Christine I am sure your BIL will appreciate this

Anne

Mimi said...

Awesomeness itself Christine, a magical bookmark and as you say, very masculine so you Brother in Law is one lucky chappy to be getting this from you and no doubt he will get lots of use out of it too :) :) :) Big hugs, Jane xxxxx

Sue said...

This is fabulous, I love the design and wonderful papers.
hugs Sue xx

Hazel said...

Great card Christine, like your unusual design. Hazel x

Patricia said...

Good morning Christine, what a super idea. Great sentiment on the topper and nice bright papers.
Have a great day
Patricia x

Lia said...

Hi Christine, you're so busy the last days! I like this idea and the way you made it!!
Lia xx

lydia jordan said...

Morning Christina,
A very clever idea, love it,.
Lydia
X

Carole Pollard said...

Brilliant idea and perfect project the colours work so well. I'm sure your brother will just love having this very thoughtful gift Love and hugs Carole x

ike said...

That is super clever - I like that a lot :-D

Hugz
IKE xx

OSAAT DT Buddy

Brawny x said...

This is fab Christine. Fab design x