Sunday 13 May 2018

All About The Boys at International Art and Soul

Good morning and hope everybody is well and happy.  My card today is for IAAS.  We are a Just For Fun challenge blog and we post every second Sunday.  The DT take it in turns to choose the theme and this time it is the turn of my good friend Planet Susie.  Unfortunately Sue is unwell and unable to take part in her challenge so I hope we have done her proud.  She wants to see cards for the men or boys in our lives.

Please scroll down to previous post if you are looking for my 
Christmas Card Club card.
My Card


Recipe
6" square kraft card base.
papers -  Father Knows Best (disc) LOTV
Banner dies - The Works
Nesting Star dies - Sweet Dixie
sentiment - computer generated

It's always good to have a masculine card tucked away in your box of cards I think.  These dies from The Works are such good value and cut beautifully.

Of late my cards have all been very simple but I guess that's not always a bad thing.  My mojo went walkabout months ago and hasn't found his way back yet. Until he does I'll just plod along producing what I can when I can.

I spent a few hours in the garden on Saturday so the beds are all ready for the bedding plants to be planted up.  I also used the weed killer on the gravel borders and all the patios. Now I remember why I always leave this job for John !!  Gosh my shoulders are letting me know how heavy that flipping back pack set up is!!  John is on antibiotics for a chest infection so isn't feeling 100% so Mrs H to the rescue.  If I'd remembered how heavy it was I'd have left it for him when he was better ... lol!!  Just kidding!

Please pop across to the blog and see what my teamies have produced and maybe you will feel inspired to join us.

Take care and enjoy what remains of the weekend.





14 comments:

Lia said...

You made a great card with the stars. I think, even you don't have mojo you are very creative!
Lia xx

Wendy L said...

Super card Christine. Great design for a man card, xxx

lydia jordan said...

Morning Christine,
A great man card, love it.
Lydia
X

Doreen said...

This is just gorgeous,love the fab design.xxx

Zoe Tant said...

Super male card just right for any of the boys in your life. Zoe x

Hazel said...

If your mojo has gone I would never have known because this card is beautiful. I love the muted shades. Hazel x

Jenny L said...

Hi Christine,
I would not say your Mojo was missing as your cards have been so brilliant lately.
Love this wonderful card and your super design.
I would love to case it for my Granddaughter's husband as I was wondering what to do this year.
I bought those banner dies too and they are brilliant.
Sorry to hear John is not well I do hope he feels better soon.
Have you thought of using a a special garden blow torch thing for your weeds in your paths this might be better for you to handle.
Lots of crafty love. Jenny L.

cuilliesocks said...

Hi Christine, I hope John is getting over his infection, they fairly pull you down,
Super male card, colours are great, very muted and brilliantly designed, Kate x

julie_woolston said...

Gorgeous card Christine.
Hugs Julie xxx

Jackie T said...

Hi Christine this is a stunning card I love it. Take care. Hugs Jackie

scrappymo! said...

Great masculine card, Christine.
I had to smile at your description of the weed killing. I used to do that job at the lake and at the old house with the huge gardens. I found my arm muscles would get fatigued from holding the wand in place! I can sympathize with you!
Nowadays our garden is so teensy, Al just digs the weeds out by hand...that should give you an idea of just how small it actually is...

Mimi said...

This is such a great card and close to my heart Christine due to that wonderful sentiment - 'You're a star', one I have used so often over the years. Ouch re your back, know what you going through from me trying to wash the floors in the house along with giving myself a cracking blister on my thumb hahaha. I should have left it for Alan to do, he is not on antibiotics so could have managed easily. Hope John feels better soon gorgeous :) xxxxxx

Mia said...

Beautiful card, Christine. I am your new follower! Kisses, my friend.

MRS DUCK said...

Hi Christine
Great fella card, mojo or no mojo.
You be careful humping stuff around the garden!
Ang x