Saturday 23 June 2018

Candy Canes for the Christmas Card Club

Good morning.  It's time for or little club to produce another card and this time Lorraine is our host and she would like to see candy canes or gingerbread.

My Card


I used an image from Greeting Card Factory De Luxe which I matted and layered onto green and then white card before affixing to a red base card. The sentiment is one of the new Sue Wilson mini dies and the pearls are from my stash.

Are you all enjoying the summer weather? My problem is that we have had no rain at all for nearly three weeks now and no sign of it in the near future either. It's a bit of a worry if you don't have mains water - especially when I'm wanting to keep my plants well watered.   Ah well, the joys of living in the country eh?

I'm off to a wedding this afternoon. Our WI choir (including moi) will be singing because it is the wedding of one of our members.  Hope we don't mess it up!

Take care and have a good weekend.



14 comments:

lydia jordan said...

Morning Christine,
Lovely card, enjoy the wedding.
Lydia
X

Christine Harrop said...

CCC

dutchess said...

Lovely card Christine ..real traditional colours and image...I do love a candy cane myself!....hope all goes well at the wedding,enjoy yourself xxxx

cuilliesocks said...

How beautiful Christine, lovely image and the most gorgeous colours.
I'm sure your choir will be wonderful, enjoy the wedding, Kate x

Lia said...

This is a lovely card Christine!
I know, there was no rain in the UK during the last few weeks. We spent 3 weeks in Shropshire and Wales and have been also to Oxford shortly and...just 1 time it was raining during the night. So we have a tan skin now looking as if we have been to the Mediterrenean...Who said, it's always raining in the UK??!! We had a great time!
Lia xx

Jackie T said...

Hi this is a stunning Christmas card I love it. Take care. Hugs Jackie

Rainey's Craft Room said...

Such rich Christmas colours and a beautiful image, I love it.
Lorraine

rachel said...

great card Christine - and I hope your singing went wel!! Hugs rachel x

Mrs A. said...

Great image you have found and love the design you have made with it. Hope the Wedding went well. Hugs Mrs A.

MaryH said...

Very festive image with such pretty color. I love the way you've used the design to show off that great image, and what a stunner you've created. Good luck with the rains. We were in the same situation, but have gotten some showers for the last 3 evenings. Still very hot here though. TFS & Hugs

shazsilverwolf said...

Lovely card Christine. The sentiment die cut is beautiful. Have a lovely week, Hugs, Shaz X

Granmargaret said...

Lovely card. Enjoy the summer. It is cold here in Sydney, Australia.

MRS DUCK said...

Hi Christine
Well, after seeing the comment above mine, I hope you haven't been doing a bit of on line shopping lol!!!
Lovely traditional card and hope that the voice held up.
Ang x

Kevin E. Lynn said...

This is really an informative post.Lot of things you shared in this single post.Want to earn some money online without any investment here i explain 10 Legit Ways to Earn Free PayPal Money just read complete blog and earn online from home.