Sunday 16 September 2018

Christmas Card Club

Good morning.  Another two weeks have rolled around and it's time for our little club to show their cards.  This time Mrs A chose the theme and she is looking to see either polar bears or teddy bears.  I'm still not feeling 100% and I haven't done any crafting but I didn't want to miss out.

My Card

 

Recipe
5" x 7" red base card
red and white cardstock for matting and layering - stash
image - Greeting Card Factory Deluxe 
poinsettia and leaf sprays - Creative Expressions

This card is made up entirely from stuff that was already in my stash.  I must have intended to use the card at some point and didn't, so it was all ready and waiting for topper.  That too had been printed off and just waiting to be used, as were the poinsettia set.  It was a very quick move to just add the topper and flower and here it is. And of course I added the obligatory glitter to Santa's jacket.  I  really love this image.  I will probably add a sentiment at some stage.

Hope you are all well but if not get well soon.  And I have just heard that a dear blog friend has just lost her husband very suddenly so healing thoughts and prayers wing their way to her and her family.





18 comments:

Wendy L said...

Looks great, sorry to hear you're still not feeling good, let's hope it passes soon, xxxx

Gibmiss said...

Hi Christine
Fabulous card....love the Teddy...
Hugs Sylvie xx

lydia jordan said...

Morning Christine,
Lovely card.
Lydia
X

Gerrie's kaarten said...

Schitterende kerstkaart
Groetjes Gerrie

Zoe Tant said...

He's very grand and looks super surrounded by all things Christmas. Gorgeous card Christine. Zoe x

Lia said...

After 3 weeks 'on the road' we are back home again and I am checking the blogs and see this great card of yours. I like it so much!
Lia xx

Carole Pollard said...

Great card and lots of lovely finds in your stash Love and hugs Carole x

Doreen said...

Love the fabulous teddy,a gorgeous card.xxx

MaryH said...

what a colorful and delightful 'Father Christmas Teddy' and love the poinsettias and the pretty background. Sorry you're not feeling chipper, and how great you had the makings to hand, ready to assemble into such a lovely vintage look card. I love Teddies! TFS & Hugs - hope you feel better soon.

Chriss America Real said...

This card is too sweet! I need to join a Christmas Club. I start out with good intentions every year to make a card a week, but I never do!

Hugs,
Chriss

rachel said...

A great card Christine - hope you feel better soon! Hugs rachel x

Rainey's Craft Room said...

Well this is a fabulous card Christine, a great image and lots of sparkle. I hope you feel better soon.
Lorraine

Jenny L said...

Hi Christine,
so sorry to hear you have not been well.
Hope you will soon be feeling A1 again.

Oh how I love this card and that image is so very wonderful.
Love a the Bears Coat and the glittery bits sets it off perfectly.
Beautiful poinsettia also.

So sorry to hear about your blog friend.

Lots of crafty love. Jenny L.

dutchess said...

Such a cute image Christine...it works well when you find stuff in your stash .....hope you feel better soon xxxxx

Mrs A. said...

Just the job for putting a great card together from your bits box. Hope your feeling a lot better soon. Hugs Mrs A.

scrappymo! said...

Another beauty! This is a great image and the addition of the poinsettia is perfect. Looks good with the flowers on the teddy Santa image.

Hope you are keeping well. We are having a bit of much needed rain for the last week or so. The gardens and flowers really needed it!

cuilliesocks said...

So sorry you are still not feeling well Christine, hope you feel better soon. Your card is so lovely, and all from bits too, great design, Kate x

MRS DUCK said...

Hi Christine
I'm on the catch up again.
Doesn't Ted look so regal.
Fab card.
At least I know tat you are recovered now.
Ang x