Sunday 24 April 2022

Things With Wings at International Art and Soul

 Good morning and hope this finds you well. Our challenge at IAAS this time is "Things With Wings".  That gives a very wide spectrum - fairies, angels, birds, butterflies, bees etc etc etc. I chose the theme this time and for my card I used butterflies.

My Card



I was going through my stash and found quite a lot of Hunkydory which I have had for a long time. When I saw this, from the Flutterbye Collection, it was perfect.  The images were so lovely I didn't want to detract from them so I just added a couple of pearls to the front and a Sue Wilson sentiment to the inside.

My sister lives alone and throughout the last two years of lockdowns I sent her a card every week, with only one or two exceptions.She appreciated them so much so I still sent her a card every few weeks.  This is the one she received on Saturday.

Why not pop over to the blog and check out the cards from my team mates?

Enjoy the rest of the weekend.

 




6 comments:

Wendy L said...

Oh so pretty Christine, just beautiful, xx

cuilliesocks said...

What a beautiful card Christine, lovely design and of course a butterfly on a card is always a winner. A lovely thought to send cards regularly to your Sister, hope you and John are well, Kate x

Hazel said...

Beautiful image and beautiful card. Hazel x

dutchess said...

Such a pretty card Christine and just perfect for your sister …
The weather here is glorious today really feels like summer is on its way.Hope you are both keeping well….xxxx

Jackie T said...

Hi Christine your card is gorgeous. It is just so pretty. Take care. Hugs Jackie

Stamps and Paper said...

Beautiful cards Christine...such a lovely idea to send your sister cards through lockdown...these days actual written letters seem to have disappeared because of emails....It is nice to receive cards or actual letters these days...

Anne