Tuesday 3 October 2017

Make It Round

Good morning.  Hope you are all well and didn't have too much wind yesterday - weather-wise I mean!  I hung my washing out wondering if it would actually blow away!  Still, didn't take long to dry so I was able to get straight on with the ironing.  Must confess that is not my favourite chore so I like to get it out of the way as soon as I can.

This is my card for the Christmas Card Club  which was due on Sunday, so I apologise to my club teamies.  I intended to make an easel card but in the end came up with a rocker card instead.  I have struggled with my card making over the last few months and even when I got round to making a card I found it difficult to come up with new ideas and it was taking ages to actually make even the most simple card.  Anyway, hopefully things will start looking up a bit now.

We all take turns to choose the theme each fortnight and this time it was Mrs A (ValeryAnn) and she asked us to make it round.  I wasn't sure whether she meant us to make the actual card round or just add something round, but I think my card covers both eventualities.

 
My Card
 
 
Recipe
white card stock - Hobbycraft
Blue pearlescent card = Jelly Bean Crafts
paper - LOTV Frosty Christmas(disc but now available as digi papers)
glitter card stock - Hobbycraft
Grand Decorative Circles One - Spellbinders
poinsettia die - Marianne
leaf sprigs - Sue Wilson
Ice Crystal Frame - Amy designs
pearls - The Hobby House
 
This card ended up being very large at 8 inches.  Usually when I make big ones it is 7 inches but because of the shape it doesn't actually appear to be that big. And would you believe it!!! I have just realised one of the leaf sprigs has fallen off before I took the picture.  I tucked them in to see what it looked like and obviously only glued two of them! Ah well, easily solved.
 
Well that's all from me today.  Thanks for your visit.
 
 



21 comments:

Wendy L said...

Gorgeous Christine, xxx

Stamps and Paper said...

Love your card for this challenge Christine it’s gorgeous

Anne

Gibmiss said...

Hi Christine
Stunning card... love the colour
Hugs Sylvie xx

dutchess said...

Very pretty colours Christine.....I love all your die cuts they look fabulous xxxx

lydia jordan said...

Morning Christine,
A very pretty card, I know what you mean about new ideas my mojos gone on holiday.
Lydia
X

Lia said...

It took some time as I see, but the result is amazing!!
Very windy indeed, also over here!
Lia xx

Zoe Tant said...

Beautiful card Christine. Well worth the wait and just perfect for our challenge. Zx

Rainey's Craft Room said...

This is stunning Christine and what beautiful die cuts you have used too.
Lorraine

cuilliesocks said...

Absolutely stunning Christine, gorgeous colours and dies, love the rocker style, Kate x

Henry said...

Very very nice card you designed, Christine!!! Such a beautiful and soft looking layout.
Henry

scrappymo! said...

This is so, sopretty/ Loving the blue and white colours and the lovely delicate scalloped design.

It was neat to hear the 8 inch dimensions. I struggled as my largest round style dies were so small and then I remembered that they had a large circle and a fairly large scalloped circle at the papercraft store. Otherwise my card would have been lucky to be 4 inches!!! lol
I think the poinsettia image is so pretty too!

Maria - Ivyleaf Crafts said...

A lovely card I like the design and colour xx

Brawny x said...

Wow Christine this is stunning. I love everything about it. Made me chuckle about missing sprig though...I hadn't noticed. Take care dear xxx

Mrs A. said...

I deliberately kept the theme vague to see what everyone would come up with and you haven't disappointed with this lovely rocker card. It's fabulous. sorry for delay in commenting. Life sometimes just takes over unexpectedly. Hugs Mrs A.

Jenny L said...

Hi Christine,
what a verystunning and super card.
I love everything about this gorgeous design.
Lots of crafty love. Jenny L.

MRS DUCK said...

Blimey Nursey H
3 cards in 5 days?
What a stunner. The Amy dies are lovely and this is a pretty frame.
Great card.
Ang x

aussie aNNie said...

So sweet and beautifully done!

Chriss America Real said...

Christine
This card is just so stunningly beautiful !

Hugs,

Chriss

MaryH said...

It's stunning! And round...great design to make it a rocker card too. It's difficult to get ideas when you're dealing with all the trials of life, and I sympathize with you totally. However I think you've aced it with this super designed card. Love the blue & white and glad if you got the washing done. Big hugs, and keep on trying...this too shall pass! Hugs & TFS

Carol said...

Love this Christine, it's so pretty. Carol x

Diane Louise J said...

Hello… Thanks for joining our ‘Anything Goes challenge. Your Christmas card is wonderful… Good luck in the draw and hope you will join us for our next challenge…
[Diane-Louise DT for 12 Months of Christmas Link Up Challenge Blog]