Saturday 14 October 2017

Non Traditional Colours.

Good morning.  Time again for our Christmas Card Club.  Two weeks certainly shoot round!  Today Carol is hosting the challenge and she wants to see non traditional colours. I rarely use pink at Christmas so I decided that was the colour to use this time.

My Card 
 
 
Recipe
62 square white base card - Rymans
Pink card stock - old stash
Pierced Noble square dies - Sue Wilson
Stitched Flags - Sue Wilson
Snowflake tree die - Britannia
Falling Snow e/f - Sue Wilson
pearls - The Hobby House
Sentiment - computer generated
 
 
A very CAS and almost flat card. I added the sentiment flag with foam pads to give just a little dimension and that was it.  Job done.


The weather has been quite good this week and the weekend is set to be good too in most places.    I'm sorry if you are in the areas that are due for hurricane-type conditions.  And poor Cumbria is taking a battering with the rain again. I have managed to get quite a bit of walking done this week. I've gone with the walking instead of my usual cycling because I have a problem with my left thumb and it is causing a lot of pain when trying to change gear. Sometimes it is so painful that I can't change back up when I have been in a low gear.  Hopefully by resting it for a few weeks it will improve.  The joys of arthritis ... lol.
 
Enjoy the weekend and I will be back again tomorrow.
 
Take care.
 


 Entering :
Think Pink
 
 


19 comments:

aussie aNNie said...

Christine this is just beautiful. Love the tree and colours.xxHave a lovely weekend.♥
[aNNie]

dutchess said...

What a fabulous tree that is Christine...great in pink and the pearls are perfect....lovely embossing for the background.Looks like the weather here is going to be good and I am heading to the dome at Doncaster for a craft fair tomorrow just for fun not to buy anything.....really ......xxxxx

brenda said...

A super seasonal creation and perfect for our Think Pink theme at Allsorts this week, many thanks for joining in.

B x

cuilliesocks said...

Hi Christine, lovely card for the challenge that's a lovey tree die and the pink is brilliant. super design.
Poor you, I hope your thumb feels better soon, Kate x

Lorraine said...

A card Christine, lovely dies and fab non traditional colour scheme.
Lorraine x

Lorraine said...

It's meant to say gorgeous card! not just a card!! Lx

Mia said...

Your pink Christmas tree is gorgeous, Christine! I love your card!

Rita said...

Beautiful card Christine. The tree looks great in pink. Like you I tend to use traditional at Christmas, but I did enjoy this challenge. Have a nice Day. Hugs Rita xxxx

Wendy L said...

Gorgeous card Christine, thanks for joining us at Allsorts.
I have taken to wearing a support on my thumb when crocheting to ease the pain. X

Rainey's Craft Room said...

I love pink and white for Christmas and this gorgeous card with it's pearls and embossing is a fab example.
Lorraine

Zoe Tant said...

Cute card Christine. I like the pink it works well and is very different. Zoe x

Mrs A. said...

Oh wow, so pretty in pink. I love that tree die. A new one not seen before. (no I musn't buy anymore goodies, said with sitting on hands!!) Hugs Mrs A.

Gibmiss said...

Hi Christine
Love the Pink and the tree is lovely..
hope your thumb gets better soon ...
Hugs Sylvie xx

MRS DUCK said...

Hi Christine
Nearly missed this. Haven't seen that Christmas Tree die before. Smashing card!
You won't be thumbing a lift for a while then? You'll have to show a bit of leg instead lol!
Ang x

Jenny L said...

Hi Christine,
what a very lovely card and your design is ace.
Love the pink and white for a change, and your beautiful design.
Lots of crafty love. Jenny L.

rachel said...

This is fabulous Christine - the pink tree looks wonderful! hugs rachel x

Carol said...

What a beautiful card Christine and so pretty with the pink. Thanks for joining in. Carol x

Brawny x said...

Gorgeous card Christine x

Mummylade said...

Wonderful project! Thank you for entering our challenge at Allsorts this week.