Saturday 11 November 2017

Shimmer and Sparkle

Good morning.  Time again for our Christmas Card Club to show our offerings.  Lorraine is hosting this challenge   and asked for Shimmer and Sparkle - and if you can't shimmer and sparkle at Christmas when else can you?  A great theme Lorraine. I have just realised that we only have two more challenges after this. Scary thought.

 
My Card
 
 
Recipe
Side stepper card - Ryman's card stock
matt silver card stock - Crafters Companion
silver mirri card - Crafters Companion
silver glitter card stock - Crafters Companion
Create a Card  "Snow Crystal" - Crafters Companion
other snowflakes dies - The Works
gems - from stash
 
I used an A4 piece of card stock to form the stepper card so it ends up being quite a large card but perfect for the snow crystal die. This particular glitter card  is absolutely gorgeous and really shimmers so much it looks beautiful.  Quite difficult to photograph though. And I have just seen that a gemstone has gone AWOL from the top corner!! Easily fixed though.
 
I'm rather envious of those of you who live in the north because I'm sure you must have had some lovely views of the Northern Lights judging from what I have seen on t'internet.  When I was a student nurse in Darlington, many moons ago, we had some fabulous views and it's something I've never forgotten.
 
Well, that's it from today.
 
Take care and enjoy your weekend.
 
 
 
 


13 comments:

dutchess said...

That’s really sparkly Christine...a beautiful card...love that create a card die ....looks stunning on the stepper card....enjoy your weekend it’s cold and frosty here today...very seasonal xxxxxx

lydia jordan said...

Morning Christine,
A lovely bling card.
Lydia
X

Wendy L said...

Wow, so gorgeous Christine, xxx

Unknown said...

Stunning card, love the sparkle :)
Hugs Kaz xx

Rita said...

Fabulous card Christine. Love the sparkle. Hugs Rita xx

Gibmiss said...

Gorgeous sparkly card Rita...,
Enjoy your day...
Hugs Sylvie x

Rainey's Craft Room said...

I love all the gorgeous sparkle you have going on in this card Christine, what a super creation fro my them this time.
I hope you enjoy your special day too.
Lorraine

Brawny x said...

Absolutely gorgeous Christine. I love the die and the design is fab. I'd never have noticed if you'd not said about the gem. Hope you're ok my dear. Love Lea xxx

scrappymo! said...

Stunning card, Christine. I love that giant snowflake...it is gorgeous. The stepper card with the other snowflakes is perfect to showcase this large one!

Zoe Tant said...

Wow what a stunner that most definitely sparkles. Love it Zoe x

Mrs A. said...

Oh wow what a beauty. Shimmer and sparkle in abundance. Love this card. So late getting mine posted. Thought it was next week. Eek!. Hugs Mrs A.

rachel said...

wow wow wow - this is amazing Christine...so sparkly! Gorgeous design! Hugs rachel x

MRS DUCK said...

Hi Christine
Wow! That's a real eye catcher. The snow crystal die is super. The glitter card looks smashing too.
Hope you and John are keeping well.
Ang x