Sunday 19 January 2020

Recycling at International Art and Soul

Good morning.  It is a very white world this morning - frost, not snow I hasten to add - so it will be staying indoors beside the fire keeping warm today; not that I had any plans to go anywhere ...lol!

The theme at IAAS this time is recycling.  I have used two of the Christmas cards I received this Christmas and merged then into one.  I always say that I will do this but don't often get round to it.  However, already hthis year I have recycled three cards so I'm feeling petty pleased with myself.  I only recycle bought cards - the handmade ones from my crafty friends are kept separately.


Please scroll down to previous post if you are looking for my Christmas Card Club Card.

My Card

Recipe
5" x 7" base card
gold edged cream card - recycled
blue and gold topper recycled
peel off greeting

The cream card is fairly thin cardstock so I adhered it to a base card which then made quite a sturdy card. The gold sparkle edge looks lopsided but it is obviously the way I took the photograph because it is level in real life.

Why not pop across to the blog and see what my teamies have come up with.  Some of them have been very adventurous! 

Take care and enjoy the rest of the weekend.





12 comments:

Rita said...

Beautiful card Christine. Love the recycling idea too. I did keep some that I thought I could do something with, so watch this space. Enjoy a Cosy Day. Hugs Rita xxx

Gerrie's kaarten said...

Mooie kaart.
Groetjes Gerrie

Wendy L said...

Super card Christine, Im making quite afew with my dies challenge, xxx

Linda Simpson said...

Gorgeous bit of recycling, I too love to recycle my Christmas cards too.
Hugs
Linda xxx

lydia jordan said...

Morning Christine,
A great card, love it.
Lydia
X

cuilliesocks said...

It's a lovely card Christine and a great job of recycling.
Keep cosy, Kate x

Hazel said...

A beautiful card, the colours are striking. Hazel x

Lia said...

It's been a while since I visited your blog and hope you are fine!!
I like this very elegant card: it really does not need more onto it!
Lia xx

Jackie T said...

Hi Christine this is a stunning card. I love it. Take care. Hugs Jackie

Chriss America Real said...

This is a great use of recycling my friend! I never know what to do with my Christmas cards that I receive I hate to throw them away.

Hugs,
Chriss

aussie aNNie said...

Lovely card looks fabulous.x

Furrbster said...

What a fantastic way to recycle!! It has created a very stylish card,

Hugz Tinz