Friday 31 January 2020

Stars for the Christmas Card Club

Good morning.  I am very early with my card, which is not actually due until Sunday. However over the next few days I have three DT cards to post so I decided to post this early rather than late. Sylvie chose the theme this time and she wants to see stars on our cards.  I've only got one - but in my defense it is a big one ... lol! 😇

My Card


Recipe
6" base card - made from Hobbycraft linen card
red glitter card - recycled from a received Christmas card
sentiment die - Sue Wilson
pierced stars die - Spellbinders
gems from stash

I have been struggling since Christmas because I think my mojo stayed behind in 2019 instead of moving into the new year.  I decided on a CAS card which I think is very effective. I cut a top layer and die cut a star from it, adhered the glitter card behind and then attached to the base card with foam pads.  All that remained was to add the sentiment and a few sparkly gems and that was it.  I actually really like it but I think next time I will use a smaller star die.

Anyway, I hope this finds you all well and keeping warm.  I am still not totally well.  I tend to have a day when I feel great followed by a couple when I feel the exact opposite.  Still, it's in the right direction!

Take care and enjoy your day.



I decided to try and take part in Scrappy Mo's Rudolph Challenge this year.

13 comments:

Wendy L said...

It is very effective Christine, lovely card, xxx

lydia jordan said...

Morning Christine,
Great card, good for batch making.
Lydia
X

Stamps and Paper said...

Hi Christine I love your CAS Christmas card red and white is always stunning together ... I think we all suffer from lack of mojo at times but looks like yours is back

Anne

Linda Simpson said...

This is brilliant I love the sparkle and wonderful sentiment.
Hugs
Linda xxx

cuilliesocks said...

Hello Christine, your card is gorgeous, fabulous design and the red and white is so striking.
Hope you improved health wise soon, horrible to feel so up and down, take care, Kate xx

Gerrie's kaarten said...

Eenvoudig maar een schitterende kaart
Groetjes Gerrie

dutchess said...

Love it Christine...love the beautiful red star and the contrast of the white sentiment...really lovely CAS card xxxx

scrappymo! said...

I love the big star glittery die cut. It frames your sentiment so well. Great card, Christine!

Rita said...

Beautiful card Christine. Like you I'm finding it hard to get back into the groove of Card-making again. Hugs Rita xxx

Zoe Tant said...

Super CAS star card Christine. Love the sparkle Zoe x

Elizabeth said...

Beautiful card, Christine. The sparkly red star is very effective and the greeting is most appropriate. xx

Mrs A. said...

Big is bold, big is beautiful. Love this CAS card. Hugs Mrs A.

Rainey's Craft Room said...

This is a super card for our challenge. Sorry I'm late getting here.
Lorraine