Sunday 5 July 2020

Tiny Things for IAAS

Good morning.  I scarcely believe that after not posting for two weeks here I am on my fifth day in a row.  I have been busily crafting and will show things when I get round to it but I have also been giving John a helping hand out in the field.

Anyway one of my lock down projects was this banner for WI - when we eventually manage to get together but that is looking pretty hopeless for some time yet.

Please scroll down to previous post if you are looking for my CCC post.

My Project




It was made using wooden letters I bought at the NEC last November with this in mind but never actually got round  to doing anything with them so this was a golden opportunity.  Each letter is 4" high so it will look fine when we eventually get it hung up. I painted them with Pinflair Buff-It paint which is so lovely to use.  I applied it with a cloth and then buffed it up, producing a really beautiful sheen. It was then easily decorated using stuff from my stash - tiny flowers, butterflies and dragon flies with an odd leaf here and there.  My plan was to use ribbon to hang it but I didn't have anything narrow enough so for the time being Bakers twine will suffice.

Why not pop across to the blog and see what "tiny things"my team mates have come up with.

Take care and stay safe and well. The lock down rules are relaxing but it's even more important to be vigilant now.  I'm going to be carrying on exactly as I'm doing; I don't want to jump into the pool just yet!





12 comments:

Wendy L said...

Looks wonderful,xxx

aussie aNNie said...

Lovely banner and so pretty.xx

cuilliesocks said...

Beautifully decorated letters Christine, love the colours, Kate x

Stamps and Paper said...

Your banner looks so pretty with the addition of those sweet flowers

Anne

Mimi said...

What a fab banner Christine and the perfect project for just now too, a little different from cards so I imagine a welcome break :) :) Your WI is going to love having this hung up and what a party it will be when the time comes :) xxxx

Linda Simpson said...

This is fabulous, love the beautiful embellishments.
Hugs
Linda xxx

Margaret said...

Your banner is beautiful. I love the color and the pretty flowers. I'm at a loss though as to the meaning.

Jenny L said...

Hi Christine,
what a very wonderful make and it's so beautifully created.
Love all your super work gone into this.
I bet it will look fabulous when it's up.
Lots of crafty love and hugs. Jenny L.

Hazel said...

A great idea and your banner looks beautiful. A lovely colour and lovely embellishments. Hazel x

MRS DUCK said...

Hi Nursey
Yes, it is me blog visiting, I know lol!!!
Fabulous project to adorn the WI walls when you are allowed to meet again. I know that you must be missing everyone terribly.
What strange times since we last met up.
Take care.
Ang x

scrappymo! said...

What a great idea. That shimmery paint is lovely!

Furrbster said...

Wow this is wonderful,

Hugz Tinz