Friday 23 May 2014

Birthday Bluebells

Good morning.  Well we certainly had plenty of rain yesterday so I can't complain that my wells and water barrels aren't full.  I would just like to say - please rain overnight instead .....lol!

My Card

click to enlarge

I had this post ready yesterday evening but it was so dark due to the rain that I had to use flash and the reflection on the pearlescent card was awful.  It also altered the background colour of the topper so that it actually looked blue.  In the end I decided to wait and take it again this morning instead.

This is a 7" x 7" card from Anna Marie Designs.  I have used two different shades of pearlescent card for matting and layering.  The flowered backing paper is from a Papermania Designstax called "Lucy Cromwell" and the dotted one is LOTV "Promises." Both were just offcuts from my bits box.  The image is from LOTV Art Pad "English Charm".  I used SB Labels 8 and Decorative Labels to cut and mat the topper.  The bow is a Sue Wison die - the Classic 3D Bow - and then just a few pearls to finish.

Well that's it from me today - short and sweet.  I hope you are all keeping well.


19 comments:

Carole Z said...

Hi Christine, gosh it did rain yesterday didn't it and we had a thunderstorm that went on for ages, horrible! My office at work is small and it was so dark! This card is beautiful, I love everything about it and what a gorgeous LOTV image...love the bow too! Hugs Carole Z X

Patricia said...

Good morning Christine,
What a really pretty image, papers and design.
I love your beautiful card.
Have a great day
Hugs

Patricia xxx

lydia jordan said...

Morning Christine,
We escaped the rain yesterday, had a little sun and got the washing dry very quickly as it was very windy.
I love your card, the image is so pretty, great combinations of mats too, beautiful.
Lydia
X

Marie-Louise said...

Christine this is gorgeous. I love the image and the beautiful soft colours.

Wendy L said...

Hi Christine, this one is so pretty, my fave colours too, xxxx

Mrs A. said...

How pretty. Love the colours. I really must get my hands on that spelll binders die. Tried to get it on EBay but think I'm just going to have to pay full wack for it. Needs must and all that!! Hugs Mrs a.

Doreen said...

This is beautiful,a gorgeous image and details.xxx

Sue said...

This is gorgeous Christine. I love the pretty papers you have matched with that beautiful image and your layout it fabulous.
hugs Sue xx

Sue said...

This is really pretty Christine..I'm so glad we bought those bow dies LOL I love mine..the weather has been so bad here I got soaked today lol I'm hoping it brightens up for Wednesday for Scarborough..hope you have a fab weekend lots of huggles from us all here xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx Sue xxxxxxxxxx

Rita said...

Beautiful card Christine. Love that pretty image. Hugs Rita xxx

JJ said...

Fabulous Christine, love Purple, love it all.

Love & Hugs

Jacquie J xxx
http://jewelscardcraft.blogspot.co.uk/

Planetsusie said...

This is so pretty Christine - love the topper and the die framing it. Gorgeous!!

We'll miss you next week, wish you were still coming with us!!

Big hugs to you both

Sue Pxxx

scrappymo! said...

This is so pretty, Christine! The topper is fabulous. You have made it up into a gorgeous card.
I know what you mean about photgraphing the pearlescent card. it is indeed very hard to avoid the glare! You got a great photo this morning...
Hugs
Maureen

Unknown said...

Morning Christine what a pretty card and Im loving the image. And the colours you have used are so soft and beautiful. Take care xx

Debs xx

Hazel said...

Good morning Christine. Love your card, it's so pretty. Not good about the rain apart from the fact that you do need it for your well and barrels! But as you say can it not just rain over night. Enjoy having family to stay. Hazel xx

Stamps and Paper said...

Beautiful card Christine love the dies you've used and your gorgeous image...
We didn't have much rain yesterday but oh boy we've some this morning

Anne

MRS DUCK said...

Hi Christine
Love purples and lilacs so this is right up my alley. Beautiful image and lovely composition.
Shame you can't meet up with the Sue's but you may have been saved from the debauchery hahaha!
Hope you're not getting the rain we have today.
Ang x

cuilliesocks said...

Beautiful card Christine, love the image and the lovely purple and lilac colours.
Hugs Kate x

Brawny x said...

A very pretty card Christine. I love the papers you've used all of which I own! Just fab x