Sunday 18 May 2014

Christmas Card Club Challenge - #11 - Recipe

Good morning.  Time again for another CCC card.  Boy these two weeks come round so quickly, but at least my stock of cards is rising so there will be no panic in early December.  This time it was Zoe's choice and she asked us to use a recipe - 3 brads, a button, ribbon and one other accessory/embellishment.  I have never made a card from a recipe and initially it all sounded very busy but I think I have done it, although I'm not totally happy.  I think I should have done better. Ah well, too late was the cry!  It's done, for better or worse.

If you would like to see what the rest of the girls gave done with the recipe you can find their details on my sidebar.

My Card
click to enlarge

My card is 6" x 6". I used SB Dainty Dots embossing folder on the top white card and a Crafts Too snowflake folder on the red card stock. The snowflake strip across the middle is Papermania "Home For Christmas." I just love this set of papers. The topper is LOTV (what else?) and I added some glitter to the hat, scarf and mittens. The three snowflake brads are from my extremely old stash!!!! The red striped ribbon for the bow is more old stuff. I found some red, cerise, lemon, green and royal blue in a cupboard upstairs and it's lovely. It was still in the bag from shop. Don't know how it got up there I'm sure. I threaded some narrow red ribbon through a flower button and popped that onto the bow. The final part of the recipe "one other embellishment" is the snowflake in the corner. It is a Marianne Creatables and it was in my drawer already made up with it's pearly centre. Finally I added the sentiment from Little Claire Designs and matted it onto SB Lacy Circles.

Yesterday I decided to spend some more time in the garden since it was a gorgeous day.  Unfortunately it was just too hot and even though I was wearing a hat and  sunblock I had to come in after an hour. I went out again in the early evening to finish what I started - much more sensible!  Quite a few aches and pains this morning though - definitely getting old!

Well I hope you all enjoy the rest of the weekend whatever you are doing.


27 comments:

Rita said...

Beautiful Christmas card Christine. So bright and colourful too. Have a Good Day. Hugs Rita xxx

rachel said...

its a fabulous card Christine - I defo struggled with this one - but I love what you've done - fabulous - hope you have a great day! Hugs rachel x

rachel said...

its a fabulous card Christine - I defo struggled with this one - but I love what you've done - fabulous - hope you have a great day! Hugs rachel x

Sue said...

This is gorgeous Christine. I love the sweet image, beautiful papers and fabulous detailing too.
Hugs Sue xx

May said...

Gorgeous card Christine, I adore the sweet image & delightful papers ... Have a good week ahead.. Hugs May x x

Gibmiss said...

Hi Christine
Love this sweet image.... And all your embellies.... Stunning card... Love it...
Hugs Sylvie xx

Marie-Louise said...

I think this is a beautiful card Christine. Love the topper and the gorgeous bow.

Planetsusie said...

Definitely a beautiful card Christine - the LOTV toppers really are great! Love how you have used the recipe ingredients to make this amazing creation!

Hugs to you both Sue Pxxx

Hope you are well.

Rainey's Craft Room said...

A beautiful Christmas card, I love that ribbon and the image is so sweet.
Lorraine

scrappymo! said...

I think your card is a beauty! Not sure what you don't like as you aced the brief!
Your topper is a sweetheart and the recipe turned out perfect in my opinion.

Wasn't it fun to pull out our brads again? Now I am addicted tot hem all over again and want to use them again soon! lol

Take care Christine and happy gardening... even if it has to be in the evening. lol It can get to 40 degrees here, so we garden in the evenings too!
Hugs
Maureen
PS Mu was doing much better and announced she thought she could manage on her own at night again, within 2 weeks. The next morning the cellulitis was back in her foot and she was unsteady again...so I guess it is back up there in two or three weeks to give my sister a break again. Will email once I have caught up a bit on my sleep.
I am oin a cleaning mission in the RV today...I like to wash all the walls and cupboards, inside and out, to start the season off right. First nice day, we will do the outside and the windows, then we will have earned our R&R!!!

cuilliesocks said...

Hello Christine, you've used one of my fav Christmas images from LOTV, gorgeous card, lovely layout and embellishments, hugs Kate x

Karen Petitt said...

Grr blogger has eaten my comment - I think grr!
Really gorgeous card Christine. The red and white is so very elegant and pretty. The ribbon is lush and I have to admit I love that a lot but I know I wouldn't want to use it lol. Be careful in the sun, it is so hot out there! Karen x

Carole Z said...

Gorgeous card Chrstine, love this cute LOTV topper and the traditional Christmas colours! Hugs Carole Z X

Patricia said...

Good afternoon Christine,
I love the card you have created using the "ingredients"
Great image, colours and design
Hope you are feeling better, no chance of overdoing it in the sunshine up here in Scotland ........ not see any of that here recently.
Hugs

Patricia xx

dutchess said...

Hi Christine ...adorable LOTV image...all brads present and correct....I know what you mean about receipes but hey it works!....hope you are recovering from the gardening ...been craft fairing myself well you have to dont you....hugs x

Lorraine said...

A gorgeous Christmas card Christine. I love teh topper and fab design.
Lorraine x

Hazel said...

Christine I just love your card, great use of all the bits. I am glad you got so much sunshine and heat, we haven't been so lucky - still in winter clothes here. Hazel xx

lydia jordan said...

Morning Christine,
Lovely card, great LOTV image they are all so cute and make great cards.
Lydia
X

Mrs A. said...

Love your fantastic bow. Really sets the rest of the card off. Wish I could tie bows so well. I really struggled using the elements requested this time round. Hugs Mrs a.

Darnell said...

This is a gorgeous card, Christine! It is so bright and sharp and clean. It makes me smile all over!! Have a great week! Go easy in the sunshine! Hugs, Darnell

Dee said...

a very pretty card Christine, I think you are doing yourself an injustice x

Sue said...

Gorgeous card Christine!! I'm catching up on everyone's cards because I've been enjoying the sun doing some gardening going to the beach and then my crafty club today!! hope you and John are well!! lots of huggles Sue, Paul and Ollie xxx

Peanut said...

That's an adorable image, Christine. LOTV images never fail to impress. The colour combo is fab too... reminds me of candy canes.
hugs, Asha

Unknown said...

Adorable card, lovely stripes and colours.xx

Hazel said...

A beautiful card for Zoe's CCC challenge - that image is a favourite - you could also enter this into my CHNC challenge extra for May - I'd love to see it there too. x

Carol said...

As Hazel says a beautiful card for the challenge Christine. Love the sweet image and fab design. Carol x

Zoe Tant said...

Firstly I'm sorry I'm late, secondly I'm sorry I set such a challenge for you, but I'm glad you did such a fab job! You should be happy as it's just perfect. Zx