Sunday 25 May 2014

OSAAT DT - Challenge # 214 - The Big One

Hello to all my friends and fellow bloggers.  Thanks for popping by to visit.

It's time for another challenge at  Once Stitch At A Time. The challenge is Anything Goes and we would love you to join us.  If you use a digi image from our sponsor Stitchy Bear Digi Outlet you could win seven digi images.  You can still win a prize even if you don't use one of these images, so what are you waiting for?

My Card


click to enlarge

My card is 7" x 7"from Anna Marie Designs.  The green tufty grass paper is extremely old stash - I bought it 13 years ago when I was doing a memory album for my dad who had recently died, which is how I can pinpoint it exactly.  The stream image at the bottom of the card is also one that I have had for ages and unfortunately  I have no idea where it is from. I coloured it with Promarkers and fussy cut it to fit the width of the card. The main image is The Big One from Stitchy Stamps and both images have been coloured with Promarkers. The sentiment tag is one I found on the internet and it really made me chuckle so I just had to use it! The fisherman's creel basket was also an internet find. I added the fish separately and hung it from a piece of thread.  In real life it is very sparkly but the picture does not show that.

Amended to add the ending.
Oops, somehow I have lost the bottom of my post.  Cut off in my prime, as it were! Anyway, here it is now.  Hope you have all had a good weekend.


Entered into:
Suzy Bee #30 - One for the Guys.
Divas by Design - Anything Goes
HIMCR - Lets Hear It For The Boy
CMC - Fathers Day/Boys Stuff
Brown Sugar - Anything Goes
Sister Act - Anything Goes

23 comments:

Doreen said...

A gorgeous card,fab image and great layout.xxx

Patricia said...

Good afternoon Christine,
I LOVE it, that sentiment is brilliant and perfect for your fantastic card.
The image is great as is all your "art work" in the super design
Have a great weekend
Hugs

Patricia xx

Mimi said...

Fabulous creation Christine, I just love the scene you have created and the way it appears the fish has just been caught from the river - mega clever :) :) :) Big hugs Jane xxxx

cuilliesocks said...

Hello Christine, fab card, it's a great scene and I love your fisherman. Brilliant sentiment and embellishments too, hugs Kate x

Stamps and Paper said...

What a fabulous fishing card Christine...love the scene you have created and of course love the sentiment..

Anne

Planetsusie said...

I giggled at the sentiment as well Christine - Graham used to go fishing so it brought back memories ...aahhhhhh! I was wondering how you'd put the scenery on at the bottom - it looks really good, goes so well with the image.

Hugs to you Sue Pxxx

Janice said...

He he, a fun male card for a fisherman, love it! Thanks for playing at Divas, Jx

Hazel said...

What a fantastic layout on this fun mans card, just love it. Hazel xx

Sue said...

Gorgeous card..thanks for joining us at Sister Act Card Challenge..Sue DT x

Sue said...

Back without my DT head on LOL fabulous card Christine...so sorry your not coming to Scarborough but hopefully we will see you again soon!!! huggles Sue xxx

Sue said...

Fabulous card Christine. I love the image and the scenery, beautiful colouring and fun sentiment too!
Hugs Sue xx

Unknown said...

Fab Design perfect for our challenge over at Suzy Bee's Bloomin Challenge one for the guy's little or big, thank you for sharing with us...
we would love to see you back again next week for another great challenge.....
Hugs
Suzy B Owner Suzy Bee's Bloomin Challenge
XX

Gerrie's kaarten said...

Een stoere mannen kaart.
groetjes Gerrie

MRS DUCK said...

Hi Christine
How funny is that sentiment. Had me chuckling. Got a birthday card to do for a fisherman so might just borrow that. Love the scene you have created too.
Best wishes.
Ang x

Carole Z said...

A fab, fun card Christine, love the Cerne you've created, hugs Carole Z xx

Marie-Louise said...

Great card Christine. I love it.

Rita said...

Great card Christine. Hugs Rita xxx

lydia jordan said...

Morning Christine,
A fun card for a fishing mad man.
Lydia
X

happyglitzygirl said...

A lovely card, thanks for playing with us at Brown Sugar, blessings Hilde

Brawny x said...

Oh wow Christine the male cards just keep coming. Fab card x

Hazel said...

Thanks for sharing your super creation for Suzy Bee's Bloomin' challenge 30: for the guys - hope to see you again soon, Hazel, DT x

Debbie Adams said...

Great masculine card. I like this image for Father's Day. :D I also like your background.
Your OSAAT Teamie
Deborah

Jenscrapstoo said...

What a great MAN card!! Love the image and the sentiment too!!
Thanks for joining us at Hiding in my Craft Room
Cheers Jennie DTM
Jenscrapstoo