Saturday 19 August 2017

The True Meaning Of Christmas

Good morning, it's time once again for another card for the Christmas Card Club. Sometimes I think that in all the hustle and bustle at Christmas,and all the razzamataz of of presents, decorations, food etc the true meaning of Christmas gets forgotten.  Maybe we just need to take a step back and reflect what Christmas is all about, and what exactly we are celebrating. Since it was my turn to choose the theme I asked the girls  to make a card showing what Christmas really is about.

My Cards



Recipe
6" square base card
coredinations jade card - stash
backing papers - LOTV (discontinued)
image - Ruth Morehead
sentiment - Hobby house
standard circle die - Spellbinders
gems - stash


Recipe
6 " square base card
blue card - Rymans
white card - Rymans
linen embossing folder- Crafter's Companion
digi image - in my digi folder
blue candi 

Two more cards done so I'm not doing too badly.  I can't believe that we are well through August now; it's incredible.

My fellow CCC pals will be posting their cards on Sunday but I have another card due then so as usual I am posting a day early.

I'm hoping the weather stays okay because it is the village show today and the WI are doing the teas.  We were asked to do them last year because the lady who usually did them was heavily pregnant. We were victims of our own success and made such a profit for the show that we were asked to take it on again this year.  We did get a very good contribution to our funds so we were happy with that.

Enjoy your weekend.

Take care.


23 comments:

Stamps and Paper said...

Two lovely cards Christine

Anne

dutchess said...

Lovely cards Christine...and both reflecting the Christmas story....hope the weather is good for you it's a super day here today so fingers crossed for you xxxx

Carole Pollard said...

Finally got here sorry I've not been around recently. These are both such beautiful cards I love traditional Christmas so these are both perfect Love and hugs Carole x

lydia jordan said...

Morning Christine,
Two lovely cards.
Hope the weather stays good for you.
Lydia
X

Wendy L said...

Gorgeous cards Christine,xxx

Gerrie's kaarten said...

Prachtige kaarten
Groetjes Gerrie

cuilliesocks said...

Two very beautiful cards Christine, beautifully designed too, Kate x

Lorraine said...

Two gorgeous cards Christine, lovely designs
Hope the village fair went well
Lorraine x

Gibmiss said...

Fabulous cards Christine... I have had my granddaughter here all week... so my card has not been started...
Hugs Sylvie xx

Rainey's Craft Room said...

Such sweet images on both of your cards Christine, thanks for a great theme.
Lorraine

Brawny x said...

Fab cards Christine. X

Jenny L said...

Hi Christine,
such wonderful cards and their designs are brilliant.
Love the papers used and the super images.
Such a great theme.
Love and big crafty hugs from my house to yours. Jenny L.

Rita said...

Beautiful cards Christine. I tend to agree very much with your post, that the real meaning of Christmas gets forgotten sometimes. Thank you for choosing such an important theme. Hugs Rita xxxxx

rachel said...

These are both fabulous Christine and I love the theme too! Brilliant! Hugs rachel x

Mrs A. said...

Two beautiful cards and I do like the sentiment on the first. This was a great theme to choose. Hugs Mrs A.

Zoe Tant said...

Nice challenge thank you and love both of your cards. Zx

MRS DUCK said...

Hi Christine
Sorry, I missed this. Both lovely cards but the second one is quite striking.
Hope your show went well.
Best wishes.
Ang x

Unknown said...

Two gorgeous cards Christine, lovely designs
Hope the village fair went well
โกลเด้นสล็อต
สูตรบาคาร่า
gclub

Carol said...

Two super cards Christine, gorgeous colours on the first and I love the digi on the second. Carol x

kawinha said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
kawinha said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
FoxX Project Copr said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
kawinha said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.