Saturday 21 July 2018

Carol Singing for the Christmas Card Club

Good morning.  These two weeks soon come around.  This time Margaret has chosen our theme which is Christmas Choir or Carol Singing.

My Card


Recipe
5" x 7" base card 
blue cardstock - Limetree Craft
image - In The Lamplight LOTV
Falling Snow e/f - Creative Expressions
Lacey Circles dies - Spellbinders
Sentiment stamp - Little Claire

Another simple card.  This year, except for the special cards for family and friends, I am trying to keep my cards simple - and flat as far as possible, although I did raise the topper with foam pads this time.

This Simply Print image from LOTV is one of my favourites. It always reminds me of my sister and I when we were children.  I always had long hair whereas Jeanie's was short and mine was  much fairer than hers. And we were always singing, both together and in a choir. Alas, memories are all I have now sadly, but they cannot be taken away.

This card is not due until tomorrow but as usual I am posting early to avoid clashing with a DT card on Sunday.  

Well we finally had some rain yesterday evening - all three drops of it ... lol ! 😀 😁  It's like the Sahara Desert.  I'm sure it will come eventually - I've been doing my rain dance every day but not worked so far.

We had a lovely day out yesterday with WI when we went to Marlow and Henley on Thames. We decided on a boat trip on the Thames at Henley assuming it would be cooler on the river but not so. But it was a great day all round with lots of laughs.

Well that's it for today.  Enjoy your weekend.

Take care.



14 comments:

Marianne's Craftroom said...

Very sweet card. We had about 10 drops of rain the other day, badly need more than that. Sounds like a lovely day out

dutchess said...

Lovely card Christine...I love this image ...how nice it is that it brings back such fond memories.We had the same 10spots of rain yesterday...oh how I long for some rain....I know be careful what I wish for...hope you have a lovely weekend xxxx

Stamps and Paper said...

Gorgeous Chris5mas card Christine such a sweet image....sounds like you had a great day our yesterday
Like you we had a little but if rain last night but not that you’d notice

Anne

lydia jordan said...

Morning Christine,
A really pretty card.
Lydia
X

Wendy L said...

Gorgeous card Christine it is a lovely image, xxx

Doreen said...

This is just gorgeous,love the image.xxx

Granmargaret said...

Lovely card.

cuilliesocks said...

Hello Christine, well we've had downpours, pity I can't send you some, and I type this it looks like it could pour down at any moment.
Your card is gorgeous, love the colours and the sweet image.
Sounds like you had a great day out with your WI girls, Kate x

Rita said...

Hi Christine. Love your card, it really is so pretty. WI days out are always great. Enjoy your Day. Hugs Rita xxx

Jenny L said...

Hi Christine,
beautiful card yet again and that image has brought back fond memories for you.You and your sister sound just like me and mine only I was the dark haired one and my sister was the light haired one with short hair and I had the long hair.
We shared a bedroom and she was always singing and keeping me awake.
In those days I didn't sing much but now I love to sing especially carols.
Love the whole of this super card.
Lots of crafty love. Jenny L.

MaryH said...

What a wonderful trove of memories you have about caroling with your sweet sister. What a lovely card you've made to remind you of these happy times. Love the blue & white, feels very 'cool', which I expect is quite a welcome feeling with the heat and no rain. So glad to hear you had a great river trip...hope there was at least a nice breeze - TFS & Hugs

rachel said...

Beautiful card christine...what a fab image. Hugs rachel xx

Rainey's Craft Room said...

Such a lovely card Christine, that image is gorgeous and your pale blue and white colour scheme looks very wintry.
Lorraine

Mrs A. said...

Sweet image and I like that you have chosen to do it in blue and white. It looks delightful. It was the other way round with me and sis. She had the long hair and I had mine short. Mum wouldn't let us both have long hair. Hugs Mrs A.