Saturday 7 July 2018

WOW for Christmas Card Club

It is my turn to choose the theme for our little club and I have gone for White on White, or a smidgen of colour as long as the card or project is mainly white.

In fact I had to use a bit of colour myself.  My plan was to use all white with white glitter card.  However, my white glitter card was so very different to the very white cardstock I used for the card that it looked totally out of place, so I swapped it to silver and I'm much happier with it.

My Card

Recipe
A5 base card
silver non shed glitter card - Hobbycraft
Snow Crystal die - Crafters Companion
Let it Snow die - Crafters Companion
ribbon- from stash
gems - from stash
I placed bot dies on a piece of cardstock and die cut them together.  All it needed than was mounting onto the glitter card and the base card  and the ribbon and gems adding.

Unfortunately I think my garden is going to have to fend for itself - in other words my flowers are probably all going to die due to the heat and lack of rain.  We have five 230 litre water butts which are all empty, plus another two dustbins of water which are also empty.  I have moved as many of the pots and tubs under the car port as I can so that they at least have some shade and won't need as much water.

The immersion heater arrived this morning so I was looking forward to a shower later. Yay!  Cheered too soon! When John opened the parcel they had sent the wrong one!  Grrrr!!!!!  Boiling kettles to wash is a real pain.  We have been promised it by Tuesday now.  Unbelievable isn't it?  John ordered a specific one, the invoice was for the same make immersion but a smaller size and the actual immersion heater they sent was a totally different one from a different manufacturer - the mind boggles.  How can you make three mistakes on an order of one item?

Well I hope you are all surviving the heat and that your gardens are doing better than mine ... lol.

Take care.

                                                                             

14 comments:

Doreen said...

Beautiful,such a pretty design.x

Lia said...

You made a gorgeous white card Christine.
And I am sorry to hear all your troubles. No rain over here as well and our grass is yellow instead of green.....
Lia xx

lydia jordan said...

Morning Christine,
Sorry to hear of your water woes.
Love your card
Lydia
x
x

dutchess said...

Beautiful card Christine...that’s a fab die ..I know what you mean who would guess so many shades of white....love all the sparkle....
Just been doing my watering it’s bath water now!.....lost all my fushias already...
Hope the boiler arrives Tuesday!.....xxxx

Jackie T said...

Hi Christine this is a stunning Christmas card I think the silver sets off the die nicely. I hope you get your immersion heater sorted. Our garden looks very sad. Take care. Hugs Jackie

Wendy L said...

Gorgeous card Christine, xxxx

cuilliesocks said...

Hi Christine , your card is gorgeous, such a fabulous design., love the dies.
Your poor plants, it's quite unprecedented to have this consistently hot weather up here, it is lovely, but some rain would be good, thanks for the challenge by the way, Kate x

Zoe Tant said...

Love the sparkly card and thanks for a fun challenge Christine. I know what you mean about the plants ours are the same. With the beast from the east and now this sunshine they will think we have abandoned them. Nature has a way of bouncing back in part though so fingers crossed some will survive. Hugs Zx

Rainey's Craft Room said...

A super design, love the silver glitter card behind your die-cut panel, it shows through beautifully. Thanks for a fab challenge.
Lorraine

MRS DUCK said...

Hi Christine
Beautiful card. That snowflake is quite striking.
What a shame about your plants. Are you able to divert your shower waste, when its up and running again?
Best wishes.
Ang x

Jenny L said...

Hi Chrisitine,
beautiful card and such a lovlely die cut that makes an excellent card.
Gorgeous ribbon used too.
Luckily this year as watering hurts me so much to do I bought silk flower hanging baskets, and some solk flowers in pots so I don't have to worry about them, but my established plants are suffering now as my one butt is empty.
Lots of crafty love. Jenny L.

MaryH said...

Thanks for a fun challenge Christine. Your card turned out gorgeously, and thanks for the idea of cutting the dies as you did. It made such a pretty card front to go over that sparkling silver. Good luck with the immersion order. Hope it arrived today. We've not had any rain for about a week and I try to water the potted plants about every other day. Waiting til about 8:30pm, when it's much cooler outside. Again, a stunning WoW card. TFS &Hugs (sorry to be late getting round to visit too!)

shazsilverwolf said...

Hi Christine, whites not matching is so annoying, I agree. As it is with blacks, too! But your solution is great, made a beautiful card.Hugs, Shaz X

Mrs A. said...

So the company we ordered our doors from has diversified into Emerson heaters now have they!! Lol., Hope you get the correct one sent out to you ASAP.
Your card is lovely and I think the silver looks fab with the White. Hugs Mrs A.,