Sunday 22 July 2018

Christmas Traditions at IAAS

Well here I am for the third day in a row - and the third Christmas card too.  This is my DT card for International Art and Soul. The theme of  the challenge is Christmas Traditions so I chose  sending Christmas cards. Initially I was going to use carol singing then remembered that was the theme of the Christmas Card Club.  Three Christmas cards in a row in such heat.  Crazy!!


If you are looking for my CCC card please scroll down to previous post.

My Card


Recipe
white card stock for base - Anna Marie Designs
red card stock - Rymans
patterned paper - Home For Christmas: Papermania
topper - Lili of the Valley
large poinsettia die - Creative Expressions
small poinsettia - Marianne Designs 
sentiment die - Creative Expressions

I have been playing around with fun fold cards this week and this one is called an Impossible Card.  Clearly it isn't impossible just clever cutting and folding.  John was amazed when I showed him and he was sure I had stuck two pieces together.  It really does look very effective and especially since it is made from a single piece of card 7" x 5".  It folds totally flat for posting and the finished size is 7" x 6" but this depend on the size of the topper you apply.

Well that's all from me today.  Enjoy the rest of your weekend.

Take care.


9 comments:

Lia said...

3 Christmascards in a row and they look al so very nice! Especially this one: I can't figure it out how you made the shape and I am soooo curious how you did it, because I like it so much!!
Also still dry and no rain over here. This week it will be over 35° C from tuesday on....I think I will put a chair in our cellar where it still is around 10°C..!
Lia xx

Stamps and Paper said...

These LOTV image are so sweet love the design of your gorgeous card Christine

Anne

Hazel said...

I can't get my head around that shape but it does look good. The image is lovely. Hazel x

cuilliesocks said...

Hi Christine, another interesting fold, can't quite make how the how of it, but it's lovely and I love the papers and topper you've used, Kate x

Jenny L said...

Hi Christine,
I have only seen this style card once before.
Love the gorgeeous image just what you expect from LOTV.
Love all the glitz and the papers too.
Beautiful poinsettias.
Lots of crafty love. Jenny L.

Carole Pollard said...

Gorgeous design love the shape and those toppers always look fab don't know why they stopped those art pads Love and hugs Carole x

Jeanette (Forest Ranger) said...

WOW! You did a beautiful job with that fold... such a pretty card!

Mimi said...

This is just sensational Christine, a very clever fold and how you have decorated the card is just gorgeous in all the red and white. Hats off to you, 3 Christmas cards in a row :) :) :) xxxxx

Mrs A. said...

Your card looks great. I have tried this shape out using a piece of plain cardstock and it is amazing how it works. Hugs Mrs A.