Saturday 8 December 2018

Something Cute For Christmas Card Club.

Good morning.  Today is our little club's final post of 2018, but we'll back again on January 6th starting our cards for 2019.  This is a terrific way of getting your Christmas cards made throughout the year and therefore not panicking as December approaches.  If you are interested in joining us next year just let me know and I'll give you the information required.

My card is not due until tomorrow but I have a card due for one of my design teams and I don't like posting two on the same day.

Sylvia is our host this time and she wants to see something cute.  I have chosen an LOTV topper.

My Card


Recipe
6" square white base card
red non shed glitter card - Hobbycraft
image - LOTV
music die  - Memory Box
sentiment die  - Sue Wilson

It was our WI Christmas Party on Wednesday evening.  We had a fabulous evening! We always put on a little show with members taking part - funny skits, poems, songs etc.Oh my goodness, we were crying with laughter when two of our members gave a Demonstration of Seasonal Makeup Advice.  One of them was working just her arms from behind a screen.  Apparently it proved even more difficult than you might suppose because they were both rather large bosomed ladies!! Absolutely hilarious!  

We also combined it with a 90th birthday celebration for one of our ladies who was actually 90 that very day. My goodness I only hope I am like her if I ever reach that age.  Her skin is absolutely beautiful (certainly didn't need Christine and Eileen's advice!), she is very spry  and still has a wonderful singing voice.  She was a professional singer and still has a wonderful singing voice and performed two songs for us. Amazing. We are a very disparate group I can assure you.  Oldest member 90, youngest member 30, we have a professional artist and also a titled lady who is in her forties.  I am so glad I joined the WI.  We just have so much fun - definitely not what you might imagine when you think of the WI ... lol!

Anyway, I have waffled enough. I hope you all have a good weekend.

Take care. 



8 comments:

Wendy L said...

Lovely card Christine.
I can remember my mum being in the WI in our village when I was growing up and they did shows etc. xxx

dutchess said...

A beautiful card Christine and that really is a cute LOTV image ...one of my favourites.....xxxx

cuilliesocks said...

Just lovely Christine, love the design and the musical stave embellishment. Kate x

Gibmiss said...

Hi Christine
Your card is gorgeous... LOTV are always cute... I love them....
Hugs Sylvie xx

shazsilverwolf said...

Hi Christine, gorgeous card. LOTV is one company I have no stamps from! Love the glitter background too. What a wonderful eclectic group your WI sounds. Hugs, Shaz X

Rainey's Craft Room said...

A gorgeous card, I love all the sparkle and simple red and white design.
Lorraine

scrappymo! said...

Sounds like you have been having lots of fun lately. Your evening out sounds like a blast!

Your card really is a cutie! Love Those images and your sparkly glitter paper is great here. Love the pop of the white sentiment and embellies.

Elizabeth said...

Lovely card. Those LOTV images are always cute. The glitter background is fab and I like the musical notes. xx