Saturday 16 February 2019

Birds for Christmas Card Club

Good morning  Golly these two weeks soon fly by don't they?

As usual my card is a day early because I have a DT card to post tomorrow.

Gwen joined our happy little club this year and she has chosen the theme of birds for us this time. If you would like to get ahead with your Christmas cards so that youdon't have a mad panic in November - or even worse December!!- you are very welcome to join us.  Leave a  note in my comments and I will put you in touch with Margaret, our fearless leader who runs our little group so brilliantly!!


Card #1


Recipe
 A6 card base
LOTV image
Falling Snow e/f - Sue Wilson
large ovals  Spellbinders
sentiment die - Sue Wilson
wooden snowflakes from stash

 The blue oval looks extremely lopsided but it's perfectly square, if you see what I mean!  It is obviously the angle I took the picture that makes it look so odd.

Card #2

Recipe
zed fold base card made from Rymans red card stock
papers - LOTV Scandi Christmas
image from Greeting Card Factory
sentiment die - as above
snowflake die- The Works
nestie dies - The Works
pearls from stash

We have had a few lovely days weather-wise and yesterday was really super so we went to Draycote Water,  which is a reservoir and country park near Dunchurch in Warwickshire. There is a five mile walk round the reservoir and there is also a bird hide part way round. It made for a nice walk and of course tea and cake in the cafe afterwards.

That's all from me.  Take care and have a lovely weekend.



16 comments:

dutchess said...

Two beautiful cards Christine....the red robin card is so vibrant...love them both.It is a glorious morning here ..frosty start but looks promising for the day,maybe a walk this afternoon,got to get some washing done this morning....hugs xxxx

lydia jordan said...

Morning Christine,
Two lovely cards.
Lydia
X

Jackie T said...

Hi Christine your cards are gorgeous I love them both. Have a great weekend. Take care. Hugs Jackie

Lia said...

Hi Christine, you have made two lovely cards and I like both (but the 2nd one a little bit better!)\
Lia xx

Gibmiss said...

Two fabulous cards Christine...
stunning
Hugs Sylvie xx

cuilliesocks said...

Hi Christine, loving your cards, can't beat robins, beautifully designed too, Kate x

Lorraine said...

Two gorgeous cards Christine, lovely designs
Lorraine x

Rita said...

Good Morning Christine. What beautiful cards for Gwen theme. Love both of them and you can't beat a Robin card at Christmas. Have a Nice week. Hugs Rita xxx

shazsilverwolf said...

Hi Christine, lovely cards. Photographs can produce some unexpected effects, I agree. Love the colours you've used. Hugs, Shaz X

Rainey's Craft Room said...

Tow wonderful cards Christine, I especially love the second one as I have a penchant for shaped cards and the papers you have used in the design work so well together.
Lorraine

Elizabeth said...

Two beautiful cards, Christine, and the images are perfect for Gwen's challenge. I like the blues of the first and those sweet snowflakes are a lovely embellishments. The zed fold of the second card is fabulous too. Elizabeth xx

aussie aNNie said...

Beautiful cards and lovely images...xx

Mrs A. said...

Two pretty cards. I like the blue on the first card. One of my toppers looks lop sided too. Love the design on your second card. Hugs Mrs A.

rachel said...

Two beauties Christine ....I love them both! Sorry for late commenting - I've been away! Hugs rachel xx

Jenny L said...

Hi Christine,
sorry I missed this post as your cards are so lovely.
Love the images on them both and your designs are excellently created.
I especially love the Z fold one.

After your visit to me just now I realized I hadn't put your name in my post as inspiration for the Male Birthday Card.
I have now rectified that and put a link to your card.
Lots of crafty love. Jenny L.

gwen70 said...

Two wonderful cards xx