Monday 4 March 2019

Beads or Sequins for IAAS

Good morning, and apologies to my team mates at IAAS This should have been posted yesterday!

My Card


An extremely quick card to make.  This is a 5" x 7" base card made from Hobbycraft card stock.  The image is from Hunkydory .  I just chose the three colors from the image and used  card from my stash to mat and layer.  The sequins have been in my stash for years and this is the first time I've used them!

Why not pop over to the blog were you will see some great makes from the DT.

I hope you didn't suffer too badly in the storm.  Our lounge is upstairs and we were watching "Endeavour" on television (one of my favourites and I'm sorry it was the last episode) when there was an almighty crash on the roof!  We dashed outside but so dark and rainy that we couldn't see anything.  However this morning John went up onto the roof early and the wind had torn the chimney cowl off.  The concrete base had been totally smashed and it was all wedged in the guttering.   Once the wind dies down properly he will see what he can do with it.  I do so hate wind - it is so destructive! Still I suppose we got off fairly lightly.

Sorry for the quick post but I am about to leave for an optician appointment.

Update -  The wind also brought down a huge limb of a tree and blocked the narrow lane which is the access to our house.  It was still partly attached so I had to go back and get John to bring his chainsaw.  Fortunately I had anticipated there might be problems and had left early.  I made the appointment by the skin of my teeth and running all the way from the car park. Note to self -  must get fitter ... lol!

Take care.


9 comments:

dutchess said...

Morning Christine...such a pretty card...it’s amazing what we have in our craft rooms.....I remember buying sequins....
The storm has done a bit of damage in the garden but not much else we have been lucky....hugs xxxx

lydia jordan said...

Morning Christine,
Pretty card.
No damage for us thankfully, hope you get the roof sorted.
Lydia
X

Wendy L said...

It does sound like you had al lucky escape Christine.
Beautiful card too. Xxxx

cuilliesocks said...

Hello Christine, beautifully created card.
At least no one was hurt by the storm, but what a pain, hope John won't take any chances with the chimney trying to mend it, Kate x

Jackie T said...

Hi Christine this is a stunning card it is just so beautiful. Take care. Hugs Jackie

Mimi said...

A fabulous card Christine, you chose the colours to go with the Hunkydory image perfectly and had to chuckle about your sequins seeing light of day for the first time in years hahaha. Oh not good to hear about your chimney, hope it can be fixed without much hassle. The wind up here so I am told was bad but the house stayed together in one piece and I hardly heard a thing - slept through it :) :) :) Love and hugs xxxxx

Sue said...

This is gorgeous Christine ..so sorry to hear about the wind damage..your so right it is so destructive ..hugs Sue xx

Stamps and Paper said...

Lovely card Christine...sounds like you were lucky in the storm it could have been much worse...
Have a lovely weekend

Anne

aussie aNNie said...

Beautiful card and most stunning colour theme Christine. Hope you are well.
BTW love your cards in the post below..xx