Sunday 3 March 2019

Poinsettias for Christmas Card Club

Good morning.  I hope this finds you well.  After the very unseasonal spring weather earlier in the week winter is about to return with a vengeance.  I hope you are not too badly affected by the storm when it comes.

I have made three cards this time; two are extremely simply but they still build up the numbers.

Card #1


Recipe
7" square base card - Crafter's Companion Centura Pearl
(also used for the main dies )
red card - Rymans
Oakham Lattice die - John Next Door
Poinsettia Garland die - Sue Wilson
Sentiment die - Sue Wilson

Card # 2


Card #3


Recipe
Both cards made using toppers from a Hunkydory Little Christmas Book.  These toppers are approximately 5" square so for speed I just used toning card and matted them onto
red 6" square base cards from Hobbycraft. I'll probably add some pearls to the corners too.

There are some lovely poems in here but I actually felt rather cheated.  You are unable to view the images and poems because the books are sealed but on the front cover was a lovely image  of a robin and matching poem so I bought the book based on that.  I automatically assumed that was included in the book - WRONG!!  I was a bit miffed and I certainly won't be buying anymore because although the Christmas ones are pretty good, there are also three or four New Year ones and I don't make New Year cards. Since each image is repeated four times it means I am unable to use about a dozen. Ah well, we live and learn. I need to find somebody who makes New Year cards so I can pass them on, so if that is you please shout out.

Anyway, I've waffled on long enough.

Take care.



12 comments:

dutchess said...

Three lovely cards Christine...great minds thinking alike with the Sue Wilson die.....isn’t it annoying when something doesn’t live up to your expectations....I have stopped buying anything until I have it in my hands these days...it’s quite calm as yet here ...the storm is expected after lunch so we will see...take care xxxxx

lydia jordan said...

Morning Christine,
Love your cards, I know hat you mean about the little books so many images, I have started burying the from ebay you get a selection from each book it's a bit more expensive but not so much waste.
Lydia
X

lydia jordan said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
lydia jordan said...

Christine,
have had a look on ebay you get 25 sheets for £2.75 including p&p. Hope this helps.
Lydia
X

Wendy L said...

Gorgeous cards Christine. Xxx

shazsilverwolf said...

Hi Christine, those are lovely cards. How annoying that book must have been. I too would have assumed anything on the front was inside the book, very bad of them to do that. Hugs, Shaz X

Jackie T said...

Hi Christine all your cards are gorgeous I love them all. Take care. Hugs Jackie

cuilliesocks said...

Three beautiful cards Christine, lovely designs and perfect for the challenge, Kate x x

Mrs A. said...

3 super cards. Thanks for the info on the hunkydory books. I did actually pick them up at the last craft show I went too but because they were sealed I put them down again. Saved some money there I think!! Hugs Mrs A.

rachel said...

Gorgeous cards Valery - shame about the new year cards - maybe you could use just a couple of them each year for any unexpected cards that come along last minute when the posting date has passed? Hugs rachel xx

Elizabeth said...

Three beautiful cards, Christine. Such a shame about the book of toppers - they are quite pricey to be disappointed. New Year cards used to be popular here in Scotland but not so much now. xx

Rainey's Craft Room said...

A beautiful set of cards Christine, I love the die cut detail on the first one. Such a shame when you buy something and it doesn't live up to expectations, often the photo is misleading on these items I found.
Lorraine