Saturday 30 March 2019

Santa for the Christmas Card Club.

Good morning.  This week Rita has chosen the theme for the Christmas Card Club and she wants to see Santa.  How easy is that?  I have managed to make two cards which are in total contrast to each other - one beautifully vintage and the other super modern.

Card #1


Recipe
5" x 7" blue base card and mats - Hobbycraft
silver non shed glitter card - Crafter's Companion
snowflake dies -X Cut
image - from my digi files (? source - a long time ago)
Nuvo drops

Card #2


Recipe
4" x 6" red card stock - Rymans
Image 0 Greeting Card Factory De luxe
sentiment - stamp from stash

I love the contrast between the beautiful Vintage Santa and the modern Santa revving up around the streets. I know exactly who this will be going to.  A friend of John is really into motor bikes and has at least four, plus one he is in the process of rebuilding.

The vintage image with the gorgeous snowy owl and rabbit is fabulous.  I have a similar one in red robes which I must use soon.

Well that's it for today but I will be back tomorrow.

Take care and have a lovely weekend.



15 comments:

Lia said...

I like both Santa images and you made great cards with them!
Lia xx

lydia jordan said...

Morning Christine,
Two great cards.
Lydia
X

Stamps and Paper said...

HI Christine...two great Christmas cards one vintage style and one very modern love them both

Anne

dutchess said...

Both are fabulous Christine...love the colours in your vintage Santa and the motorcycle Santa really made me smile.....hope you are enjoying the sunny weather.....xxxx

Jackie T said...

Hi Christine your Christmas cards are stunning I love them both. Have a great weekend. Take care. Hugs Jackie

cuilliesocks said...

Love them both Christine, the motorbiking Santa is such fun, and the vintage Santa is so elegant, it's a beautiful image and I love all that coolness, Kate x

Wendy L said...

Both gorgeous Christine, the first is very unique and the second just lovely, xxx

Rita said...

Fabulous cards Christine. Love them both, slightly in front is the vintage one as I love Vintage. Hugs Rita xx

Rainey's Craft Room said...

Two very gorgeous Santa cards Christine. The vintage image is just beautiful with it's glittery background. I'm sure John's friend will love his motorbike themed Christmas card when the time comes too:)
Lorraine

Zoe Tant said...

Lovely elegant Santa and super in a different shade to the usual red. Great card Christine. Zoe x

Gibmiss said...

Hi Christine
Two fabulous cards... so different... my fave has to be the motor bike one ... Roy has one so would be perfect for him...
Hugs Sylvie x

rachel said...

two great cards Christine - the romantic in me loves the first best but the biker in me prefers the second!!! Good job I don't need to choose isn't it??? Hugs rachel x

shazsilverwolf said...

Hi Christine, wow, I'm loving your cards! Both are fabulous images, but I think the owl with the Santa in blue just gets it! Late this week, busy Mothers Day, lol. Hugs, Shaz X

Mrs A. said...

These are both fabulous cards but I love the vintage Santa the most. Hugs Mrs A.

Elizabeth said...

Two fab cards, Christine. I like the very traditional image of Santa, it's beautiful, but I also like the hip Santa whipping around on a bike instead of a sleigh. xx