Sunday 7 July 2019

Christmas in July at IAAS

Good morning.  Hope this finds you all well.  At IAAS this month the theme, chosen by Jennie, is Christmas in July.  Where Christmas cards are concerned it's Christmas all year round for me.  I love making them, sends masses of them and so make them continually.

(If you are looking for my Christmas Card Club entry please scroll down to previous post.)

My Card


Recipe
6" square base card
Christmas Script background stamp  - Denami Designs
Star Swirl Tree - Denami Designs
blue vellum - stash

I have had the  Denami Designs rubber stamps  for about 15years but haven't used them for years. It's amazing what we find at the back of drawers.  These are really lovely and I'm sure I'll be using  them again soon.

I cut a piece of blue vellum to cover the card front and wrap around the back so that I didn't have to worry about showing any glue etc.. I stamped the Script stamp in white onto the vellum and heat embossed with Ranger Frosted Crystal embossing powder and attached it to the card front. Onto a narrow strip of the blue vellum I again stamped the Script stamp, this time with Brilliance Pearlescent Ice Blue and heat embossed with the same powder to give a different effect, although the difference is quite subtle. I embossed a piece of white card stock with Crafts Too embossing folder Snowflakes, wrapped the vellum strip round it, matted it onto silver mirri and attached to the centre. The star swirl tree was stamped with the blue ink and the same embossing powder and matted onto silver mirri. It wouldn't be Christmas without a bit of glitter so I added blue glitter to the star, and a bit of bling to the corners. The picture is really bad I'm afraid. It is quite shadowy where the vellum is loose because I only attached it to the back of the card where it overlapped and underneath the snowflake panel. It really does look far better in real life.

Take care and happy crafting.



7 comments:

lydia jordan said...

Morning Christine,
Lovely card, really classy design.
Lydia
X

Gerrie's kaarten said...

Schitterende kaart mooie kleuren heb je gebruikt.
Groetjes Gerrie

Hazel said...

It looks perfect Christine. I tried to make a start with my C cards a few weeks ago and didn't like any of them so gave up in despair. Hazel x

cuilliesocks said...

Beautifully designed card Christine, lovely image and fabulous colours, Kate x x

Jackie T said...

Hi Christine this is a stunning card I love it. Take care. Hugs Jackie

Poppyfield Card Crafts said...

Love the colour and the subtle Christmas tree on this card Christine

June x

Furrbster said...

What a pretty Christmas card

Hugz Tinz